My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Question re recording playback selection

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Old Ed

I have the 4000T and have had it since they were new out, but there is one thing that really annoys my wife and that is when there is a number of episodes recorded it will always select the last recorded when entering the playback list. Is it still the same or does the Aura select the oldest recording first without having to scroll to the top of the list as the 4000T.
    Having watched a lot of reviews I haven't been able to see, so thought I would ask the users.
    Thanks

| Thu 9 Sep 2021 16:17:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

On the recorded TV screen, there is a yellow Sort button. That's let's you sort based on oldest recording, newest recording and smart ordering.

Hopefully you can see the link below:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/FAttLiDkq5UUt5m9A

I think that's what your after?

| Thu 9 Sep 2021 17:54:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Old Ed

Thanks for the reply.
    As the interface is so different to what I am using you may have the answer in the sort option.
    I was more wondering (compared to the 4000t) when you had a list of episodes what was the one selected on entry to that list, do you have to move up to the next to be viewed or not.
    Added a picture to show what I mean. From the list there are two recordings one on the 6th Sep and one on the 7th Sep but pressing Play This recoding would play the highlighted on recorded on the 7th as this is the one first selected for playback. Sorry screen view posted on its side my TV's not that way round really.

Attachments

1. screen.jpg (819.4 KB, 1 downloads) 2 years old
    | Thu 9 Sep 2021 18:42:30 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

No problems. I've not seen the 4000t interface...

When I enter the recording screen, it selected the top item in the list, so with the sort option, you could start at the oldest first, or the newest. There is also a red line on the recording to show which ones youve watched

Once you are watching, there is an option in the play back menu (tool bar along the bottom) to go to the next recording.

It will also auto advance on to the next episode when you fast forward to the end of the episode...

| Thu 9 Sep 2021 18:55:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Old Ed

Yes thanks that looks like it would solve the problem, I'll start looking to see if there are any good deals going if not I'll get one direct from Humax, that's where the 4000t came from.

| Thu 9 Sep 2021 19:27:10 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

What is the default option of the recording list, before you hit sort? When it selects the top option, is that the most recent recording or the oldest.

Also, if you choose your sort preference does it remember your choice or do you have to sort every time to have your preferred order?

| Fri 10 Sep 2021 9:13:21 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

Harters - 41 mins ago  » 
    What is the default option of the recording list, before you hit sort? When it selects the top option, is that the most recent recording or the oldest.
    Also, if you choose your sort preference does it remember your choice or do you have to sort every time to have your preferred order?

I dont think I ever changed the Sort order and the default on mine was Newest first last night.

The sort order is maintained after a reboot on my Aura.

| Fri 10 Sep 2021 9:55:09 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.