My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Questions about Remote Scheduling

(5 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I was able to test remote scheduling by using the Aura app on a wi-fi network away from home. The Aura was in normal standby and the scheduled programme recorded successfully. My questions are:-

1. Will remote scheduling work if the Aura is in deep standby all the time?
    2. What is the best way to bring the Aura out of deep standby once a day in order to pick up any scheduling requests? I looked at using a watch timer but that wouldn't allow the setting of a duration. My old Foxsat HDR used to have an 'On Time' and 'Off Time' function which was useful when away on holiday.

| Thu 23 Dec 2021 11:43:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I have mine to set to go into deep standby after I think 2 hours of being put into normal standby.

I have set a daily reminder for BBC1 HD at 5pm, this brings it out of deep standby and set ready to view BBC1, it also gets the guide fully populated for when I what to watch at around 5:30-6pm

After seeing the lunchtime news today about the lost Morecambe and Wise tape, I thought I would give remote scheduling a go. Just checked now and the Aura has successfully set the timer, so it looks like my routine works.

If I was to not watch the Humax it would automatically power down after the set idle time in the settings.

| Thu 23 Dec 2021 18:12:38 #2 |
  3. Mars

Mars

special member

You can set a schedule for deep standby and when it is not in deep standby it is in normal standby. There is no need to make things unnecessarily complicated.

| Thu 23 Dec 2021 18:35:38 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I don’t think what I do is unnecessarily complicated, it works perfectly for my needs.

When I turn it off I always want it to go into deep standby.

| Thu 23 Dec 2021 20:44:30 #4 |
  5. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Thanks for the replies.

Based on what is being suggested I am minded, when away on holiday in Perth, Australia, to set deep standby from 15.00 through to 13.00 the next day. With Perth being 8hrs ahead of the UK during our winter, that should enable me to set up any programmes before the UK evening recordings.

| Fri 24 Dec 2021 15:15:41 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.