My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Random annoying issues

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dave_s13

Generally I think this box is great but recently it seems to need a hard reset every few days.

Issues range from locking up but showing the last channel, locking up with a blank screen, no text on the epg/info buttons.

Basically a pain in the rear.

Had it for just over a year now so not sure it's covered under any warranty. Anyone else had similar issues.

| Sat 1 Nov 2014 19:20:34 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Have you by any chance got a strong rf source close to the box ? (Wifi router/dect cordless phone). If so try separating it way from the box.

| Sat 1 Nov 2014 19:39:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dave_s13

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The box sits on a shelf in a book case above an av amp. There's a wdtv live sat directly on top, a logitech squeeze nearby and a Vodafone sure signal box.

But they are all wired ethernet. Moving the box isn't really an option. My router sits on the other side of the wall in the front room.

I'm intrigued as to how a nearby rf source can nobble it though?

| Sat 1 Nov 2014 19:51:27 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

dave_s13 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Hi, thanks for the reply.
    The box sits on a shelf in a book case above an av amp. There's a wdtv live sat directly on top, a logitech squeeze nearby and a Vodafone sure signal box.
    But they are all wired ethernet. Moving the box isn't really an option. My router sits on the other side of the wall in the front room.
    I'm intrigued as to how a nearby rf source can nobble it though?

Depends on how powerful the RD source is - I would say make sure there is six inches between the devices and you will be safe.
    You could always put one in a Faraday cage.

| Sat 1 Nov 2014 19:58:05 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dave_s13

So I turned off the record buffer and it's been stable all week, strange.

Any ideas on what may be wrong, I wonder if the hdd could be on the way out?

| Sat 8 Nov 2014 13:46:18 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.