My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Random intermittent signal quality issues

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

smeadows

I bought my HDR-Fox T2 a couple of months ago and I’ve been having a few issues with the signal recently. I think it may have started after the recent re-tune when some of the Freeview channels moved around but I’m not 100% sure.
    My problem is that occasionally the signal on all channels seems to go haywire which results in a blocky almost scrambled and unwatchable picture. When I go into the Signal Detection menu I can see that the Quality of the signal, usually on all channels, is jumping around between 0% and 100% whereas the Strength remains consistent at around 70% (I normally have about 70% strength and 100% quality consistently on all channels). This seems to happen fairly randomly during the day, I can be watching a channel no problem with a perfect picture and then it will suddenly go. The strange this is that I can resolve the problem by simply unplugging the aerial from the back of the unit and plugging it back in again. I’m 99% sure it’s not the aerial itself as I had a new one installed a few months before I bought my T2 and I’ve stripped back the aerial lead itself and replaced the plug on the end of it. Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

| Wed 21 Nov 2012 7:33:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Is there an amplifier in your aerial setup?

| Wed 21 Nov 2012 9:15:51 #2 |
  3. musictechguy

musictechguy

Banned

I had almost exactly the same problem. In the end I sent the unit back for a replacement. The new unit (so far) is fine.

| Wed 21 Nov 2012 13:10:55 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

smeadows

There's no signal amplifier in my setup...

What was your exact problem musictechguy that was almost the same as mine?

| Wed 21 Nov 2012 22:44:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

smeadows

I finally figured out what the problem was, I think.. I had my T2 sitting on top of my AV receiver in a cabinet and I think it was getting too hot or may have been getting charged up with static electricity. I've now moved the unit and haven't had the problem for a few weeks now..

| Fri 4 Jan 2013 10:38:37 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stanton

I had the same problem, I had about 10 channels I couldn't watch at all. This may not solve others problems but I went through the installation process again this time selecting a different region, I had a choice of 3 for some reason! It worked, the other thing I've noticed looking around the net is that Humax say to be careful about certain cables not being too close to each other, I can't remember the details but I'm sure you'll be able to find it!
    Good luck one and all.

| Fri 4 Jan 2013 19:31:54 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.