My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Random programs not being recorded

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stevyd

Hi Everyone

Been searching around after having several issues with our HDR 1100S

Random programs not being recorded, planned recordings not in the planning schedule.

After looking around this forum am I correct in thinking that it can be caused by receiving weak HD signals??

Haven't explored this any further but like everyone else recently suffered from the loss of coverage due to atmospherics

Any help advice would be great
    Cheers

| Wed 8 Nov 2017 22:42:38 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stevyd - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi Everyone
    Been searching around after having several issues with our HDR 1100S
    Random programs not being recorded, planned recordings not in the planning schedule.
    After looking around this forum am I correct in thinking that it can be caused by receiving weak HD signals??
    Haven't explored this any further but like everyone else recently suffered from the loss of coverage due to atmospherics
    Any help advice would be great
    Cheers

Assuming you really do have a freesat box, then there is no way that satellite reception can be affected due to atmospheric conditions.

The conditions you refer to were affecting terrestrial Freeview reception, they have no effect on the microwave frequencies you get from a dish.

It's possible that really heavy rain in the lower atmosphere between you dish and the satellite group 22000 mls above the equator just might give you issues for a very short period (generally a misaligned dish or one not large enough for where you are).

HD signals are not any weaker than SD ones. Your problem could have a number of causes.

eg

Dish moved

LNB issue

Water In the coax cables.

First thing to try is remove the power from your Freesat box for 5 mins and restore it.

Post back if that doesn't work as we then need to look at your satellite reception figures in more detail.

Welcome to our forum.

| Thu 9 Nov 2017 0:37:50 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Can the OP confirm he is in the UK or not please.

| Thu 9 Nov 2017 7:31:43 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stevyd

Thanks for the replies

Yes I'm in UK Midlands

We have the problem with reception again tonight....receiver not receiving or signal too weak

I have a freesat box from a dish....used to have sky

I have made sure all cables connected etc...have powered off etc

We've had this box about 3 years and these problems have only just started. Maybe it's on the way out....

| Thu 9 Nov 2017 20:31:02 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stevyd - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the replies
    Yes I'm in UK Midlands
    We have the problem with reception again tonight....receiver not receiving or signal too weak
    I have a freesat box from a dish....used to have sky
    I have made sure all cables connected etc...have powered off etc
    We've had this box about 3 years and these problems have only just started. Maybe it's on the way out....

It's most likely a failing lnb or possibly water in the coax downleads.

| Thu 9 Nov 2017 20:53:41 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.