My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Random Recording

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

Has anyone suffered from random, failed recordings?

If I schedule a recording, or simply hit record on live TV, I'll see the recording (R) symbol as per normal, and I'll also see the recording appear under 'My Recordings', but the moment the recording ends, the recording magically disappears from the 'My Recordings' list!

I am at 65% capacity (500gb), and have tried a factory reset, but not a full HDD format. I have also tried the 'disk cleanup'.

The odd thing is that sometimes recording is randomly successful.

Anyone else had this problem?

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 23:27:01 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

To schedule a recording from the epg you need to press OK and follow the prompts.

To record what you are watching you must be watching it from the beginning before you press record. If you were not tuned to the channel at the beginning the time shift buffer will not have the data to record the entire programme.

Other than this need an example of what failed and how the recording was scheduled. In the case of an instant recording on the currently viewed channel, was the box tuned to the channel at the time the programme started. Were other recordings in progress at the time and was any other scheduled to start before the instant recording content should have finished (You can't have more than 2 recordings active at the same time, other than recording to the time shift buffer).

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 23:50:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

I conducted a simple test where I picked two random programs from the EPG (yet to start), non overlapping, I then confirmed that they appeared in the 'planned' recordings section (this also confirmed that I was actually setting the programs to record!).

I left the PVR to do it's business, returned a few hours later to find that there was no trace of the recordings under 'my recordings'.

It appears that no matter what I try and record (partial time shift buffer, full time shift buffer, scheduled recording on non overlapping, etc), the PVR simply refuses to show the recordings.

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 21:16:41 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

What signal levels do you show on the channels to be recorded?

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 21:22:35 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

Both tuners show 'good'

- quality = full bar
    - Strength = 90%-ish

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 21:31:08 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Something is clearly wrong.

Can you try this.

While watching a different channel, set a reminder from the epg for a different channel for a programme due to start shortly. Does the box change automatically to the programme you set a reminder for ?

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 21:41:23 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

ariharry - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Both tuners show 'good'
    - quality = full bar
    - Strength = 90%-ish

Please quote channels that are OK and those that fail,

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 21:41:56 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donj

May we ask the age of your unit. thanks

I must add I had this happen on my 1000S just once, I set the Big Storm to record but could find no trace in Recordings. And Yes in the epg there was an R next to the program.

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 21:59:54 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 

ariharry - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Both tuners show 'good'
    - quality = full bar
    - Strength = 90%-ish

Please quote channels that are OK and those that fail,

I didn't realize signal indicators changed based upon the channel you were tuned into.

I just tried to record a program on Channel 5, quality full bar, strength = 90%. It said it was recording (under my recording), but at the end of the recording, the recording vanished.

Interesting though, the status under my recordings 'recording now: 0/60 minutes' stayed at 0/60 minutes throughout the entire program.

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 23:00:55 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Something is clearly wrong.
    Can you try this.
    While watching a different channel, set a reminder from the epg for a different channel for a programme due to start shortly. Does the box change automatically to the programme you set a reminder for ?

I set a reminder from channel 5 -> BBC One. It changed to BBC One as expected.

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 23:01:55 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.