My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Random Recording

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

Donj - 1 hour ago  » 
    May we ask the age of your unit. thanks
    I must add I had this happen on my 1000S just once, I set the Big Storm to record but could find no trace in Recordings. And Yes in the epg there was an R next to the program.

My unit is just over 1 year old.

The odd thing is that it sometimes records, but I have not spent enough time to establish a pattern.

I'm now wondering whether I have a dodgy HDD (or corrupted sectors).

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 23:04:17 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It sounds like you have a HDD problem, the box clearly is working in respect of the software timers. Next test if you press pause during a live recording does it work. Can you rewind the transmission to the point that you started watching it ?

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 23:47:51 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

I've noticed the following:-

- When pause works, I can successfully record (the 'Recording now: xx/xx advances), and the recording appears under 'My Recordings'

- When pause DOESN'T work (sometimes happens when I come out of standby), recordings vanish from my recording, e.g. they don't actually record

So it appears I have an intermittent fault, either with the HDD or SATA controller on the main board.

The software should report some form of failure code when this happens, rather than just pretend that things are OK! They can detect this by doing a simple check on recording progress.

Luckily I registered the unit with Humax, which gave me a 2 year warranty. I'll call them tomorrow.

Thanks for the input!

| Thu 12 Dec 2013 21:37:17 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Could be a loose/badly seated sata connection to the hard drive, but as it's still under warranty you should of course get it replaced.

| Thu 12 Dec 2013 22:00:03 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.