My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

RC volume operating TV

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveA

Is there a way to tell the Remote Control that when pressing the Volume + / - it should send the TV codes?

Once preset, there's really no need to adjust the STB sound output level, and its a pain to have to remember to switch to TV to change the volume (then change back again to control the STB!)

I asked this question of the Tesco / IP Vision SmartBox 8320HD (FetchTV) and to my surprise there was a way to modify the RC to do this!

| Sun 5 Aug 2012 18:08:35 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You need a remote control like the Logitech Harmony range with so called punch through. A fancy way of saying you can mix remote control codes within the same mode of the remote, in your case substitute the tv remote volume controls for the volume control of the DTR-T1000. If you think about it, the possible combinations are very large. Only a cpu controlled fully programmeable remote could cope.

Check out Logitech Harmony remote controls, ones with a limited number of devices can be very affordable.

| Sun 5 Aug 2012 18:25:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveA

Actually I've got a Harmony One - can't get on with it. It doesn't work well with Samsung TVs, where it "assumes" the TV input was where it last left it!

Punch-through for the TV shouldn't be too hard to implement, the RC already knows the TV codes. As I said, this was possible on the Tesco STB, and this is how Sky works as default.

| Sun 5 Aug 2012 19:31:50 #3 |
  4. brian

brian

special member

My Harmony 525 works fine with Samsung TV's, although I prefer to use the TV remote control to work the TV, and the Humax remote control to work the Humax.

| Sun 5 Aug 2012 19:56:16 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SteveA - 1 hour ago  » 
    Actually I've got a Harmony One - can't get on with it. It doesn't work well with Samsung TVs, where it "assumes" the TV input was where it last left it!
    Punch-through for the TV shouldn't be too hard to implement, the RC already knows the TV codes. As I said, this was possible on the Tesco STB, and this is how Sky works as default.

I did not say it's not possible only that it's not implemented. Does your Sky remote or the Tesco remote let you control up to 3 other entirely seperate other items, or merely let you choose a single item for seperate volume when controlling the Sky/Tesco box. There's a very big difference.

| Sun 5 Aug 2012 20:45:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveA

Well no they don't, but as far as I can see the Youview remote doesn't either - it only has "TV" and "PVR" buttons.

| Mon 6 Aug 2012 1:31:06 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.