My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Re-setup problem

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyGFLees

Hi,

I originally setup my HDR-1000S with one cable by using an option in a hidden menu (I think). The box has been working fine in this mode for 6 months.

Now that I have a quad lnb and second cable I want to put the box back in to dual cable mode as the box does not automatically detect the second cable. I have confirmed that both cables are fine by connecting both cables to a second receiver.

The signal info menu displays "No Signal" for Tuner 1 and no message for Tuner 2. It is difficult to see if there is any strength or quality for either as they are all just blue. It also says "Freesat box connected with one cable" at the bottom.

After carrying out a factory reset the result is a "Weak Signal" but still no change to the Signal Info information.

Any ideas?

| Sat 18 Jan 2014 14:43:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum.

You didn't need to use any hidden settings, the box detects how many cables are connected on setup. Try a reset with just one cable on tuner 1 in. Repeat with the other cable. Does the box return to single cable working for both cables used one at a time ? Check the f connectors carefully the wire poking out may be too short for the HDR but work on other kit.

| Sat 18 Jan 2014 15:22:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyGFLees

PROBLEM SOLVED

Thanks for the advice Graham but in the end it appeared that all my connections and settings were okay. What I needed to do was actually Search for Channels - this showed both tuners connected with quality and strength, and readily found all channels.

| Sat 18 Jan 2014 15:31:01 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AndyGFLees - 2 minutes ago  » 
    PROBLEM SOLVED
    Thanks for the advice Graham but in the end it appeared that all my connections and settings were okay. What I needed to do was actually Search for Channels - this showed both tuners connected with quality and strength, and readily found all channels.

Very strange (I have replied to your other post). That should have happened after a reset and your postcode was validated. Are you certain that you have full two tuner working ? What does it say at the bottom of the Settings - System Information - Signal Info screen ?

| Sat 18 Jan 2014 15:36:33 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.