My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Re-tune for new channels

(20 posts)
  1. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Just switched on and got a pop-up telling me that a channel re-tune was necessary to make space for new channels. In the instructions, it says to select the MENU button on my remote. I can't see that button on my RM-L08. Any ideas folks? R-

| Wed 2 Aug 2017 12:32:34 #1 |
  2. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I presume you'd press the big red 'F', the Freeview button that you would usually press to get to the menu.

| Wed 2 Aug 2017 12:44:21 #2 |
  3. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Tried that - but cannot get to anything saying UPDATE channels. R-

| Wed 2 Aug 2017 12:54:48 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Home, Settings, Channel Settings, Automatic Channel Search.

| Wed 2 Aug 2017 13:04:26 #4 |
  5. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Thank you Barry, that makes more sense than the route the pop-up screen tells you to take. Confused now by this screen. R-

Attachments

1. IMG_2373.JPG (1863.4 KB, 1 downloads) 6 years old
    | Wed 2 Aug 2017 13:41:34 #5 |
  6. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I've just called Humax customer support who asked me to reboot the box and perform another channel search. This time there were no reports of MULTIPLE REGIONS being found. Looks like we're good to go. R-

| Wed 2 Aug 2017 14:11:37 #6 |
  7. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

As usual I had to manually input the channels as Automatic gave me duplicates and channels in the 800 range.

I couldn't fine anywhere to delete all the channels (as I used to on my 9300T) to start with a clean slate, and had to reset the box which involved going through info screens and re-inputting my router code.

There must be an easier way, what am I missing?

Manual Search also meant that, as expected, I lost my schedule, and whilst I was using the Guide to re-input these programmes the Humax decided to do a random re-boot. I do hope that this was a one-off and this isn't going to start again

| Wed 2 Aug 2017 14:31:49 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stephenesque - 4 minutes ago  » 
    As usual I had to manually input the channels as Automatic gave me duplicates and channels in the 800 range.
    I couldn't fine anywhere to delete all the channels (as I used to on my 9300T) to start with a clean slate, and had to reset the box which involved going through info screens and re-inputting my router code.
    Manual Search also meant that, as expected, I lost my schedule, and whilst I was using the Guide to re-input these programmes the Humax decided to do a random re-boot. I do hope that this was a one-off and this isn't going to start again

The old dodge of running a freeview tune with the aerial out first, may work.

| Wed 2 Aug 2017 14:37:35 #8 |
  9. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I wonder if the weather, which is currently appalling here in the SW, has had an effect? I am surprised that the second search behaved differently from the first and that is all I can think of. Is that possible? As you might tell I am not remotely techie.

I don't have any duplicates and a few in the 800 range and I seem to be on the correct BBC regional news channel.

So far, so good. R-

| Wed 2 Aug 2017 14:40:09 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Stephenesque - 54 minutes ago  » 

Factory reset would be the quickest way, and then stop the auto search for channels...or

Home, Settings, Channel Settings, Edit Channel List then:

+ Highlight Select all, OK
    + Delete, OK, and confirm

You have to do the same again to delete all radio channels.

| Wed 2 Aug 2017 15:34:51 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.