My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Re-use HDR 1000S hard drive with HB1100S?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sharpener

Hello all,

I am contemplating getting a HB1100S to replace my HDR1000S, which has increasingly suffered from the common inability to see its own disc drive and is now unusable as it will not boot up even with the drive disconnected (though it used to).

I am convinced the recordings are OK as they have always been accessible whenever the HDR100S has been "in remission".

So I wonder if it is possible to use this hard drive in some kind of external USB caddy with the new box and if so what would ppl recommend?

TIA

| Wed 10 Jan 2018 17:20:00 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Any powered USB sata cradle should work, but don't expect your recordings to be available. They are encrypted with a key unique to the box.

| Wed 10 Jan 2018 17:24:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sharpener

Thanks for that.

Disappointing that it won't help save my old recordings, so it was cheaper and easier to get an exchange unit. But since it will no longer boot up even w/o the disc drive connected Humax wanted £80 not £55 for this.

Replacement arrived this morning, it was a ? new 1100S without any power supply unit, instructions or HDMI cable. Remote control didn't work, batteries were completely flat (0.5V per cell).

Instruction label saying to unpack new unit and put old one in the box for return is not consistent with their previous email instructions to package the old unit up in advance for shipping separately which had taken me 20 mins to do.

Delivery turned up on time but driver (Daniel) did not understand this procedure and was rude and unhelpful when I asked him to wait while I unpacked the replacement unit. The van drivers around here are all Eastern European and normally very well spoken and polite, looks like DPD employ the one exception.

All in all not a very pleasant experience and a pity Topfield don't provide them with more competition (my PVR5800 still going strong)!

| Thu 18 Jan 2018 16:57:56 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.