My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Real Difficulty Getting the Box To Activate

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Erskine

I have had a Humax 5000T for a few years now and it is connected to my 15 year old Sony Bravia TV set. I keep the TV in standby and whenever I try to use the Humax remote to turn the set and box on it takes ages for this to woork. Initially I thought it was a poor handset or dodgy batteries, but it is not that. I also try the button on the box instead of the handset, but this is not any better.

The connection to the TV is by HDMI cable. It is more than a little frustrating. Furthermore, the ridiculous lack of indicator lights on the Humax makes the whole process guesswork.

| Sun 23 Jun 2024 15:57:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Erskine,

Welcome to the forum. I don't use an Aura, but I would think same procedure relates to all pvrs:
    1. Try a soft reset, press button on box for 10 seconds, doesn't work, try

2. Unplug, leave unplugged for 30 minutes and then restart PVR

3. Do a factory reset, select option that keeps recordings, if this doesn't work, move onto

4. Maintenance reset, I haven't details, but details can be found somewhere within forum.

Hopefully these tips will help. Only other thought is hard drive playing, might need reformating as last resort. John L

| Sun 23 Jun 2024 18:46:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Erskine

jdlfreetime - 20 mins ago  » 
    Hi Erskine,
    Welcome to the forum. I don't use an Aura, but I would think same procedure relates to all pvrs:
    1. Try a soft reset, press button on box for 10 seconds, doesn't work, try
    2. Unplug, leave unplugged for 30 minutes and then restart PVR
    3. Do a factory reset, select option that keeps recordings, if this doesn't work, move onto
    4. Maintenance reset, I haven't details, but details can be found somewhere within forum.
    Hopefully these tips will help. Only other thought is hard drive playing, might need reformating as last resort. John L

Many thanks. I'll give this a try. I just tried turning off the power saving option but it made no difference.

| Sun 23 Jun 2024 19:07:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I have a 5000T (this is not about an Aura @jdlfreetime) and I switch the box and tv on separately. I find I need to wait a minute or so after switching the box on before the tv otherwise I get a blank screen.

I don’t know if this is connected with your issue, but just passing on my observation in case it helps.

| Sun 23 Jun 2024 21:49:02 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Erskine

A1944 - 9 hours ago  » 
    I have a 5000T (this is not about an Aura @jdlfreetime) and I switch the box and tv on separately. I find I need to wait a minute or so after switching the box on before the tv otherwise I get a blank screen.
    I don’t know if this is connected with your issue, but just passing on my observation in case it helps.

Thanks for the tip. I actually use the remote or the switch on the Humax to control both the TV and box. Previously when turning the TV on seperately it made no difference but I was switching them on at the same time.

| Mon 24 Jun 2024 6:54:50 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

niknak

I too use the Humax remote for both my 5000 and 4000 sets. I always switch the Humax on first, then wait about 10 seconds before switching on the TV. Occasionally it plays up but most times it works fine like that.

| Mon 24 Jun 2024 10:48:27 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Erskine

niknak - 32 mins ago  » 
    I too use the Humax remote for both my 5000 and 4000 sets. I always switch the Humax on first, then wait about 10 seconds before switching on the TV. Occasionally it plays up but most times it works fine like that.

Thanks for that. I am surprised that things do not work better when the TV is on standby and activated by the Humax remote bringing on both sets. But I'll give it a go.

| Mon 24 Jun 2024 11:22:26 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

A1944 - 14 hours ago  » 

Hello A1944,

You are correct. Well spotted! You win the daily prize! My error. John L

| Mon 24 Jun 2024 12:30:10 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.