My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Receiver is not receiving

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mgd_1

Hi everyone, new user here.

Just taken delivery of a Humax HB-1100S Smart Freesat HD Digital TV Receiver (USB Recording).

I cancelled all my Sky TV subs. Sky+ box is still connected to TV (via composite video for the moment).

I unscrewed one of the satellite cables from the Sky box to plug into (screw into) my Humax box. The other still plugged into the Sky box.

Humax tested all fine and working, nice picture etc. Can record to USB fine.

However, when I next switch the 1100s on I get the message 'The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak.'

When I switched the Sky box on to see if there was a problem there, the Humax suddenly finds the signal and works as normal.

I going to keep the Sky box anyway to watch in case I was recording on the Humax, but it looks like now I am stuck with it!

This is not really an issue as the Humax box works as long as the Sky box is on, but may become a problem over time.

Has anyone seen this before or know why it might be happening?

Thanks in advance

| Mon 8 Mar 2021 15:26:06 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mgd_1 - 34 mins ago  » 
    Hi everyone, new user here.
    Just taken delivery of a Humax HB-1100S Smart Freesat HD Digital TV Receiver (USB Recording).
    I cancelled all my Sky TV subs. Sky+ box is still connected to TV (via composite video for the moment).
    I unscrewed one of the satellite cables from the Sky box to plug into (screw into) my Humax box. The other still plugged into the Sky box.
    Humax tested all fine and working, nice picture etc. Can record to USB fine.
    However, when I next switch the 1100s on I get the message 'The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak.'
    When I switched the Sky box on to see if there was a problem there, the Humax suddenly finds the signal and works as normal.
    I going to keep the Sky box anyway to watch in case I was recording on the Humax, but it looks like now I am stuck with it!
    This is not really an issue as the Humax box works as long as the Sky box is on, but may become a problem over time.
    Has anyone seen this before or know why it might be happening?
    Thanks in advance

Badly fitted F connector. The box has to provide 12/18V to the lnb for band switching. The Sky box is providing the power for the lnb.

Check for a whisker of screen touching the centre core.

| Mon 8 Mar 2021 16:05:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mgd_1

Thanks I will reinsert the connector.

| Mon 8 Mar 2021 17:27:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mgd_1

Update - I swapped the connectors over, so now it is the Sky box which won't work unless the Humax box is on.

I can live with this, as I won't use the Sky box unless I am recoding something on the Humax and I want to watch another channel live which I can't view any other way.

I guess one of the connectors has always been faulty but it went unnoticed because the other one always worked.

Is it just a case of refitting the connector?

Thanks for your help.

| Tue 9 Mar 2021 14:34:07 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mgd_1 - 8 mins ago  » 
    Update - I swapped the connectors over, so now it is the Sky box which won't work unless the Humax box is on.
    I can live with this, as I won't use the Sky box unless I am recoding something on the Humax and I want to watch another channel live which I can't view any other way.
    I guess one of the connectors has always been faulty but it went unnoticed because the other one always worked.
    Is it just a case of refitting the connector?
    Thanks for your help.

If the cable is the very thin WF65. The very thin centre conductor can fail to make contact. Putting a slight kink in it can help. Are they screw on F type connectors or compression fitted plugs ? You need to get the correct size screw on connectors for the cable. They should be a tight fit on the coax outer sheath.

| Tue 9 Mar 2021 14:46:14 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.