My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Record 2 Channels and Watch a Recording?

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

vinnys

Hello,

I have thrown a lot of money into keeping a Topfield 5800 going and am looking to move on to something new.

One of the many great things the Topfield did was record 2 or even 3 channels while watching a recording from the hard drive.

Is this possible with the HD Fox T2 (which Argos seems to be incorrectly labelling as a 2000t) to watch a recording while recording two other channels?

Many Thanks

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 14:38:08 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

1. Did you mean HDR T2?

2. Argos have the label correct, it is the picture of the unit that is wrong.

The HDR 2000T is the replacemant for the HDR T2, and to answer your question, yes you can record 2 and watch a recording at the same time.

Admin note: I'll move thread to correct are shortly

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 14:44:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

vinnys

Hi many thanks
    Can I backup recordings to my computer through the usb port?

Many Thanks

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 14:55:15 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

vinnys - 1 hour ago  » 
    Can I backup recordings to my computer through the usb port?

You can backup recordings to a USB storage drive attached to the Humax and then copy them to a PC. SD recordings will decrypted when copying but HD recordings will not although there are ways round this. You can also connect the Humax to your network and copy off recordings using FTP but they will remain encrypted.

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 16:46:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

vinnys

Hi many thanks, is there any way of playing the sd recordings on the PC using vlc player or similar?

I ended up going with the 1010T. It seemed to have the same features plus Youview. Sorry for all the questions but is there any other difference between the two?

Kind Regards

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 19:13:43 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

vinnys - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Hi many thanks, is there any way of playing the sd recordings on the PC using vlc player or similar?
    I ended up going with the 1010T. It seemed to have the same features plus Youview. Sorry for all the questions but is there any other difference between the two?
    Kind Regards

Most PC media players will play back .ts recordings. Pretty sure the Youview boxes don't allow any recordings to be exported.

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 19:30:50 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

vinnys - 14 minutes ago  » 

Sorry what I said related to the HDR-FOX T2. The Youview box has completely different software. In my view it isn't as good a PVR as the HDR-FOX T2 (but may well be adequate for your needs) but does have more catch up channels. See Youview FAQ

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 19:31:26 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

vinnys

Hi thanks for your reply Martin
    Would it be worth returning in exchange for the 2000t in your opinion?

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 20:03:54 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Having access to all the units concerned:

1. Graham is correct you cannot export recordings on Youview box.

2. I echo Martins assessment of the Youview product. If exporting to ext HDD is important to you, then take back and exchange it, however note the following re the 2000T

a. Has no front display if that is important
    b. Currently no RF loop thru'

The only area in which the Youview box is better is in having all the on demand players.

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 20:14:25 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

vinnys - 23 minutes ago  » 
    Would it be worth returning in exchange for the 2000t in your opinion?

Not sure that my opinion should count for much. If you feel that you will use the Youview catchup capability a significant amount the stay with what you have. If you will only use it a small amount then get an HDR-2000T and use the difference in cost to get a separate box to watch catch up channels such as the Now TV box Link to Now TV box.

When recently faced with the same dilemma, I had no hesitation in getting an HDR-2000T.

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 20:33:29 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.