My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Record 2 programmes at same time

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bondyboy

I have a problem whereby on some occasions I am unable to record 2 programmes at the same time. Most times it will setup as normal but sometimes it will not let me set up a second recording stating there is a clash when I actually only have 1 programme preset at that time.
    I have noticed this seems to happen for some reason on a Friday !!
    My set is only a month old.
    Any ideas ?

| Thu 23 Feb 2017 16:51:28 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum.

Some possibilities.

1 Your box may be working in single cable mode. What does it say at the bottom of the following menu ? Settings-System Information - Signal Info.

If it says connected by one cable check the coax cables are firmly attached and do a reset to factory defaults watching for the two cables found message. Make a note of your recording schedule (photograph it) as you will need to re-enter after the reset.

2 If you are recording from say a BBC regional channel, it's possible that the same series is showing a different episode at the same time as the one you are setting the recording from (generally a scottish region). Looking at recordings planned will show two recordings when you only thought you had set one. Using a non series recording will fix this one as will deleting the regional channel producing the extra recording.

| Thu 23 Feb 2017 17:06:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bondyboy

Hi Graham
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have just had a look and it does say connected with one cable even though 2 are plugged in. One did appear a bit loose so I have tightened it up and it still shows as connected with one cable.
    If I do a factory reset I will lose the programmes that are currently recorded and am reluctant to do that so I will watch them all and use my DVD recorder in the mean time for future recordings and then do the factory reset.
    I suppose the reset would be necessary wouldn't it ? I did hope that when I plugged the loose one back in it would have showed connected with 2 cables.
    Best regards
    Chris

Part Two
    Hi Graham

I have been looking again and I think there is a problem with the RF In 2 connection, I just swopped the cable from RF In 1 into RF2 and it has no signal but worked perfectly when I put it back into RF1.

This machine is only a month old and it said from the beginning only one cable connected but I didn't realise the significance. I will take it back to Currys and let them have a look at it.

Regards

Chris

| Thu 23 Feb 2017 18:31:51 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bondyboy - 38 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have just had a look and it does say connected with one cable even though 2 are plugged in. One did appear a bit loose so I have tightened it up and it still shows as connected with one cable.
    If I do a factory reset I will lose the programmes that are currently recorded and am reluctant to do that so I will watch them all and use my DVD recorder in the mean time for future recordings and then do the factory reset.
    I suppose the reset would be necessary wouldn't it ? I did hope that when I plugged the loose one back in it would have showed connected with 2 cables.
    Best regards
    Chris
    Part Two
    Hi Graham
    I have been looking again and I think there is a problem with the RF In 2 connection, I just swopped the cable from RF In 1 into RF2 and it has no signal but worked perfectly when I put it back into RF1.
    This machine is only a month old and it said from the beginning only one cable connected but I didn't realise the significance. I will take it back to Currys and let them have a look at it.
    Regards
    Chris

There is apparently nothing wrong with the box, getting no signal is what you would expect when you put the faulty coax on rf1 in. The box on boot will only look at rf1 in (tuner 2 is internally fed from tuner 1 in), so when you fitted the duff cable to rf1 in it will report no signal. Unscrew the f connector from the end of the cable on faulty rf2 in cable. Check carefully for a tiny whisker of screen touching the centre core. Push the screen back over the coax outer and firmly screw the f connector back on (If it's loose pad the coax outer with a single turn of insulation tape under the screen. Now try a factory reset (the number of cables is only detected on setup). It will not affect your existing recordings but it will delete the recording schedule hence telling you to photograph your recording schedule.

| Thu 23 Feb 2017 19:16:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bondyboy

Thanks again Graham you are a star. I have followed your instructions and are now connected with 2 cables. I did delete all my saved programmes but thanks to your idea of taking a photo I can get most of them on catchup.
    Best regards

| Fri 24 Feb 2017 9:01:50 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bondyboy - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks again Graham you are a star. I have followed your instructions and are now connected with 2 cables. I did delete all my saved programmes but thanks to your idea of taking a photo I can get most of them on catchup.
    Best regards

There was no need to delete your existing recordings they would not be affected. Only a disk format will delete existing recordings. It's the recording schedule that get's deleted. All you you have to do is re-enter them.

| Fri 24 Feb 2017 10:35:57 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bondyboy

Thanks for the info re deleting I will keep a note of your comment in case I have a future problem.

| Fri 24 Feb 2017 12:22:15 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.