My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Record on one box and play from another

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

aliblack89

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to record a show in one room with a Humax box and be able to play this recording in another room with another humax box.

I saw this video on youtube: https://youtu.be/zGssL8cjd0k

which is exactly what i want to be able to do, but i am not sure what humax box supports these features - i am living in the UK.

Thanks for your advice.

| Fri 6 May 2016 13:11:01 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. Basically you need the source box to have a dlna server and the destination box to have a dlna client (Without having to use USB as an intermediate step). HD recordings add an additional complication requiring both source and destination to have the capability to decrypt the content on streaming.

Currently Freetime boxes (HDR1000S, HDR1010S, HDR1100S and HB1100S) only have client capbility. IE you can view content from something with a DLNA server (A PC running Windows Media Player is a DLNA server).

The HDR-FOX-T2 boxes have both client and server and it is capable of viewing all recordings made on one box using the other.

The current Freeview+ HDR1800T and HDR2000T have client and server and can view SD recorded on one on the other.

The much older Foxsat-HDR equipped with the custom firmware has a server capability and a sort of client capability (requires the source to have the required Humax support files created using free software). A pair of Foxsat-HDR's can be cross mounted to view each others recordings.

The FVP4000T has some sort of client/server, hopefully an owner can help with what's possible using this box.

| Fri 6 May 2016 13:28:50 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This looks to be the device the OP wants.

http://www.pulsat.com/products/Humax-iCord-Evolution-Quad-Tuner-HD-Satellite-Home-Media-Server-1TB.html

| Fri 6 May 2016 15:45:20 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.