My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

record + watch different program

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikejb1

Hi

Newbie here

Can I use an aerial splitter to watch one program (direct from the aerial) whilst recording another via the HD Box?

Any advice welcomed

Mike

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 14:00:49 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

You can connect the aerial-out socket of the HD-FOX-T2 to the TV achieve the same result.

A splitter may work but it would depend on the strength and quality of the signal. The only sure way of finding out is to try it.

Why do you want to use a splitter instead of connecting the aerial-out socket of the HD-FOX-T2 to the TV?

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 14:14:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Luke - 23 minutes ago  » 
    Why do you want to use a splitter instead of connecting the aerial-out socket of the HD-FOX-T2 to the TV?

Perhaps because the HD-FOX only has one tuner and he wants to watch something on a different MUX? I think the answer to the OPs question is providing you have reasonable signal strength with the splitter in place (above 40% signal strength would be fine in my expereince, others suggest 50%) and the TV is Freeview enabled then it should be fine.

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 14:41:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikejb1

Really useful feedback, guys. Many thnx. Hadn't appreciated th aerial out on the box

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 17:08:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Martin Liddle - 4 hours ago  » 

Luke - 23 minutes ago  » 

Perhaps because the HD-FOX only has one tuner and he wants to watch something on a different MUX?

The aerial-out passes all muxs to the TV via an aerial lead. It is not effected by the mux that the HD-FOX-T2 is tuned to.

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 19:43:26 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.