My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Recorded programme 'not supported file format'

(6 posts)
  1. joe pineapples

joe pineapples

Had this message with one particular recording of Football On Five: Goal Rush, recorded on Sat 18th March, when trying to play it back. First time its ever happened and just wondered if anyone else has come across it?.

joe

| Thu 23 Mar 2017 13:42:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

j1bs

I've seen this a couple of times. Fix for mine was to power the box off and back on by removing the power plug from the back of the box.

| Thu 23 Mar 2017 17:35:19 #2 |
  3. joe pineapples

joe pineapples

So the recording was intact?

| Thu 23 Mar 2017 18:57:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

j1bs

I've had it a couple of times and after power off and back on the recording played ok both times.
    The first time I deleted the recording concerned, only to find the next one had the problem as well, so I powered off and on. The second time I went straight for the power off and back on.

| Fri 24 Mar 2017 18:30:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

joe pineapples - 1 day ago  » 
    Had this message with one particular recording of Football On Five: Goal Rush, recorded on Sat 18th March, when trying to play it back. First time its ever happened and just wondered if anyone else has come across it?.

To me this sounds like the problem that affects the HDR-FOX T2 where very occasionally it will forget its encryption keys and hence can no longer decrypt recordings. the only known work around is to power cycle the box. We see it once or twice a year and have done since very early in the life of the box.

| Fri 24 Mar 2017 22:15:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Power cycling Humax boxes seems to be a panacea for all ills. At least several times a year my 1000S boots up with the EPG empty (last night for example). I cut the power, wait a minute, reconnect and a full EPG. There is something intrinsically poor about the hardware/software interface design.

| Sat 25 Mar 2017 10:19:33 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.