My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Recorded programmes disappeared

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Patrick1

I had a number of recordings and suddenly can no longer see them in the recorded program section, just a blank screen. However, there seems to be a second page behind the blank screen but I cannot access it. The old recordings may be on this second page? I have no idea how it happened. The “new” screen works with new recordings as before. Anyone have any ideas? Many Thanks. Patrick

| Mon 27 Apr 2020 19:00:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Patrick1 - 4 mins ago  » 
    I had a number of recordings and suddenly can no longer see them in the recorded program section, just a blank screen. However, there seems to be a second page behind the blank screen but I cannot access it. The old recordings may be on this second page?

This is a well known problem with the 9xxx boxes. The file system has become corrupt. It is feasible to recover most of the recordings using humaxrw but it involves taking the hard drive out of the Humax and connecting it to a PC. The only real fix is to format the drive from the HDD Control option in the Record menu.

| Mon 27 Apr 2020 19:10:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Patrick1

Thanks Martin.
    Just to confirm, if I format the drive, it wipes everything and I lose them forever? But will be ok going forward?
    Please advise what Humax Rex is and is it difficult once the drive is connected to the PC?
    Thanks so much for your help
    Patrick

| Tue 28 Apr 2020 11:04:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

If you format the drive you will lose everything recorded so far - but then unless you opt for the humaxrw option you already have. It is probable that formatting will clear the problem. It did when it happened to me quite a number of years ago.

There is some information on humaxrw at:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humaxrw
    but it probably needs Martin's input to say how difficult it is.

| Tue 28 Apr 2020 14:48:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Patrick1 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Just to confirm, if I format the drive, it wipes everything and I lose them forever?

Correct.

But will be ok going forward?

Impossible to say for definite. I think you stand a reasonable chance that it will be OK but only looking at the SMART data for the hard drive would allow a proper estimate. My advice is to try it and if the same problem occurs in the next few months then the hard drive is on its way out.

Please advise what Humax Rex is and is it difficult once the drive is connected to the PC?

humaxrw.exe is a Windows (or Linux) program that runs on a PC and it has facilities to copy recordings that have disappeared from view to the PC and then back to the Humax when the drive has been formatted. It is very difficult to give a good opinion on whether it is difficult because I don't know your level of expertise. It is certainly not point and click. If you are happy to try with a command line program I will dig out a link to previously posted instructions.

| Tue 28 Apr 2020 15:31:01 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Patrick1

Martin and Phil,
    Many thanks for your help. I guess I am just a point and click guy so I think I am going to pass on recovery, write off the old recordings, and format the disk to try to use going forward until I can replace the machine (after lockdown). I have had this 9200T box since 2006 (and my TV) and used it extensively, so I can’t complain! And only recently have had problems.
    Thanks
    Patrick

| Wed 29 Apr 2020 14:16:27 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Patrick1 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have had this 9200T box since 2006 (and my TV) and used it extensively, so I can’t complain!

Have you had any problems with the clock in standby in all that time?

| Wed 29 Apr 2020 15:23:00 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Patrick1

Hi Biggles
    No I have never had any problems with the clock at all.

| Wed 29 Apr 2020 18:57:41 #8 |
  9. Biggles

Biggles

special member

It's a mystery then, what are you doing that most other 9200 owners aren't.
    Presumably you are aware of the clock problem in standby that has affected many 9200 owners?

| Wed 29 Apr 2020 19:15:48 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Patrick1

No I am not aware of the problem?

| Wed 29 Apr 2020 20:01:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.