My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Recorded programs not shown; being recorded over

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gerry7

My Humax PVR has been misbehaving for some time, then slowly getting worse.
    At first it would not record programmes although there was space on the disc. When I increased the space to above 25% it did record, but not everything. A week or so ago, it started recording over random pre-recorded programmes that I wanted to save. As of yesterday no pre-recorded programmes are shown on the menu. The available disc space is shown as 28%, so presumably the pre-recorded programmes are there somewhere.
    Software update shows no available updates.
    Help please.

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 9:47:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

gerry7 - 1 hour ago  » 
    At first it would not record programmes although there was space on the disc. When I increased the space to above 25% it did record, but not everything. A week or so ago, it started recording over random pre-recorded programmes that I wanted to save. As of yesterday no pre-recorded programmes are shown on the menu. The available disc space is shown as 28%, so presumably the pre-recorded programmes are there somewhere.

You have described the classic symptoms of the file system gradually getting confused. The fix is to format the drive from the HDD Control menu item in the record menu.

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 11:04:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gerry7

Many thanks. I was afraid that that might be the answer, I will lose some cherished programmes.

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 15:30:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

gerry7 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Many thanks. I was afraid that that might be the answer, I will lose some cherished programmes.

If you really want to keep them and are prepared to open up the Humax then they can probably be recovered using humaxrw in recovery mode.

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 18:08:50 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bonnybabs

I have the same problem, but Humax Customer Support advised default setting (which didn't work) - no mention of formatting the HDD.

| Tue 13 Sep 2016 20:35:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bonnybabs

If I format the HDD, do I then follow the Quick Start Guide? Sorry to be not at all technical.

| Tue 13 Sep 2016 21:33:19 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Bonnybabs - 43 minutes ago  » 
    If I format the HDD, do I then follow the Quick Start Guide? Sorry to be not at all technical.

Use the HDD Control menu item in the Record menu. Default PIN is 0000.

| Tue 13 Sep 2016 22:17:20 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bonnybabs

Apologies for not making myself clear. I understand how to format the HDD. I just need to know how to proceed afterwards. Thank you for replying.

| Tue 13 Sep 2016 22:26:53 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Bonnybabs - 9 hours ago  » 
    I understand how to format the HDD. I just need to know how to proceed afterwards.

As you have already done a reset to default settings then I don't think there is anything else to do.

| Wed 14 Sep 2016 8:22:07 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.