My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Recorded Radio Programme - Cannot Fast forward

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

heath5372

I recently recorded a complete Radio Programme but listened to half of it live. Played recording later but was unable to fast forward to the place where I had stopped listening. I have no such problem with TV recordings. Any suggestions?

| Mon 27 Feb 2017 15:44:38 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Does it let you skip forward instead?

Many radio programmes are now available as podcasts some with additional material and you can use BBC iPlayer Radio on your phone, tablet or computer to play radio programmes with an easy to use way of positioning the Play Point.

There is only one (music with two middle-aged men in a pub chat) radio programme I record now which I rip it to my PMP to play on the move or while at work without needing to rely on an internet connection.

| Mon 27 Feb 2017 15:53:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

Heath5372, I regularly record radio programmes on LBC manually and have no problems at all.

Are you recording by choosing the programmes on the EPG?

| Mon 27 Feb 2017 17:36:58 #4 |
  5. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I have Desert Island Discs on series record and just checked a couple of recorded episodes.

The FF and RW functions don't appear to work on mine either, but moving the cursor along the timebar to the required place, which is quicker, and is what I always use anyway, works in the same way it does on TV recordings.

| Mon 27 Feb 2017 19:31:13 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

itsallgood

I record a lot of radio on mine. As Stephenesque said, use the left and right arrow keys on the remote to skip forwards or backwards within the recording.

| Mon 6 Mar 2017 0:18:06 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rikki

one issue about listening to radio recordings is that there is no screensaver, so i'm forever burning those triangle and the radio symbols into my screen. surely a simple screensaver wouldn't be hard to add. very poor design this.

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 0:32:15 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

rikki - 1 week ago  » 
    one issue about listening to radio recordings is that there is no screensaver, so i'm forever burning those triangle and the radio symbols into my screen. surely a simple screensaver wouldn't be hard to add. very poor design this.

The triangle may be rather boring but unless you're still using an old CRT TV then image burning is not an issue with LCD screens.

Richard

| Fri 17 Mar 2017 11:05:11 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RichardS-UK - 4 minutes ago  » 

rikki - 1 week ago  » 

The triangle may be rather boring but unless you're still using an old CRT TV then image burning is not an issue with LCD screens.
    Richard

Plasma TV's also suffer from screen burn. lCD TV's can have image retention issues, which though not permanent, it's pretty annoying.

| Fri 17 Mar 2017 11:10:36 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rikki - 1 week ago  » 

Connect your box using it's audio outputs to a seperate sound system.

You can use a cheap bluetooth transmitter and bluetooth speaker.

Random examples

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/JETech-Bluetooth-Receiver-Transmitter-Adapter/dp/B00YCWEBSY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&qid=1489745556&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=bluetooth+transmitter&psc=1

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rokono-SIDEWINDER-Wireless-Portable-Bluetooth/dp/B01M736OKP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&qid=1489745615&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=bluetooth+speakers&psc=1

| Fri 17 Mar 2017 11:14:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.