My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Recordind

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Prue

A new member! Not technically minded at all! We have two Humax boxes. One downstairs and one upstairs. Why is it not possible to watch the upstairs one with the downstairs being switched off and is there a way around this?

| Sat 8 Apr 2023 14:18:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Prue - 3 mins ago  » 
    A new member! Not technically minded at all! We have two Humax boxes. One downstairs and one upstairs. Why is it not possible to watch the upstairs one with the downstairs being switched off and is there a way around this?

Hello Prue,

Welcome to the forum. To get some idea of what you are mentioning, which Humax models do you have? How are they connected? HDMI or scart cables to TV? Freeview or Freesat aerial being used? Did you plug them & set them up yourself or did someone else fit them for you?

My guess is somewhere in your setup is a RF coax loop through cable linking the 2 boxes to aerial? Not the best method of setup, but I'm only guessing. Have you checked settings menu to see how your boxes are configured? RF should be turned on for aerial output to tv feed if it's setup this way. If you could confirm further, hopefully forum can help. John L

| Sat 8 Apr 2023 14:29:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Prue

Hello, it is a FVP-5000T. Yes someone did it for us, a TV/Ariel Engineer smd used a HDM1. I'm checking the settings as you suggest, thanks

| Sat 8 Apr 2023 18:14:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Each Humax box/PVR/receiver, whatever you have, should be ideally connected to a separate aerial feed, NOT a RF loop feed or anything else in the connection. On the back of each box should be hdmi connection to each TV, aerial feed to the aerial coming into each room.

So, I'm not sure how your "engineer" has connected them. You may not be "technical", but it's fairly straightforward. All you have to do is follow instructions for connections and make sure it's done right, don't rely on engineer as if you need to do anything, you need to be familiar with your Humax box. If you haven't got instructions, they can be downloaded from Humax website. Hopefully aerial feed is installed correctly. Hopefully given you some advice. Please let forum know how you get on/ if you need more help. John L

| Sat 8 Apr 2023 19:44:28 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Another thought Prue,

If you have 2 identical Humax pvrs, maybe you need to change remote control mode setting. I.e. one downstairs is on mode 1 and you need to change upstairs one to another mode setting, so they don't interfere with each other? All details can be found online plus Humax forum notes on changing setting. Just a thought. John L

| Sat 8 Apr 2023 19:52:34 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

jdlfreetime - 1 day ago  » 
    Another thought Prue,
    If you have 2 identical Humax pvrs, maybe you need to change remote control mode setting. I.e. one downstairs is on mode 1 and you need to change upstairs one to another mode setting, so they don't interfere with each other? All details can be found online plus Humax forum notes on changing setting. Just a thought. John L

If they are on different floors, there seems little chance of the remotes clashing.

I think it is more likely that the box downstairs has "Power Saving Mode" set to "On" and has a coax cable to the box upstairs which receives no signal when the other one is off.

This option is found in "Settings" ("F" button then far right in the top row), "System Settings", Power Management".

"Power Saving Mode" in the box downstairs needs to be set to "Off"

| Sun 9 Apr 2023 21:20:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

A1944 - 14 hours ago  » 

jdlfreetime - 1 day ago  » 
    Another thought Prue,

If they are on different floors, there seems little chance of the remotes clashing.
    I think it is more likely that the box downstairs has "Power Saving Mode" set to "On" and has a coax cable to the box upstairs which receives no signal when the other one is off.
    This option is found in "Settings" ("F" button then far right in the top row), "System Settings", Power Management".
    "Power Saving Mode" in the box downstairs needs to be set to "Off"

You maybe right A1944. Hopefully we have both given Prue loads of clues. But my main thoughts are the engineer installing the pvr. Normally engineer fits aerial & user plugs in pvr to use. Engineer may have shown user a brief overview of how to use it, but everything else is something to explore further. Hopefully Prue has instructions with each pvr supplied. John L

| Mon 10 Apr 2023 12:13:22 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.