My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Recording a new series with same name - will it go into same folder?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lofty joyce

I am about to start recording a new series of a TV programme and already have a folder of the programme in the Media files which i have renamed TV programme -Series 2. Can I point the recorder to add the new series to a new folder, or will it automatically go into the last series folder? As I have renamed it, will it create a new folder for this new series? If it goes into the Series 2 folder can I then create a new folder with the series 3 programmes and will they then automatically go into that one?

| Sun 17 Jun 2012 14:17:55 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

It will create it's own new folder. If you then rename this folder, the next programme will be placed in another new folder to replace the one that you have renamed.

| Sun 17 Jun 2012 14:33:19 #2 |
  3. athomson

athomson

special member

If I understand right, it would be a nice feature to have - the ability to specify where a recording is stored. You could put all films in a 'Film' folder instead of the root. Record series one and two etc. then put them in their own seperate folders. Though you you are right Brian you cant do that now but maybe one day.

Andy

| Sun 17 Jun 2012 20:02:59 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

athomson - 1 hour ago  » 
    If I understand right, it would be a nice feature to have - the ability to specify where a recording is stored. You could put all films in a 'Film' folder instead of the root. Record series one and two etc. then put them in their own seperate folders. Though you you are right Brian you cant do that now but maybe one day.
    Andy

It's very easy to create your own folders after the recordings and simply move the recording links to whatever folder structure you want. Changing the location of existing recordings just means changing the few bytes that point to the original path and takes seconds.

| Sun 17 Jun 2012 21:55:52 #4 |
  5. athomson

athomson

special member

MyStuff on the Topfield use to let you specify things like that when setting up the scedule, I realise you can do it after as Graham says. Though I was trying to point out how the MyStuff way of doing things could prove to be quite helpful as you dont need to remember to move files or modify bytes after which is beyond most of us including me.

Andy

| Mon 18 Jun 2012 11:01:54 #5 |
  6. af123

af123

athomson - 20 minutes ago  » 
    MyStuff on the Topfield use to let you specify things like that when setting up the scedule

The customised firmware for the HDR Fox T2 allows you to change the folder name for recordings in your schedule through a web interface, as well as allowing you to direct one-off recordings to a folder or even a series recording to the top-level directory.

| Mon 18 Jun 2012 11:23:31 #6 |
  7. athomson

athomson

special member

When things at home settle down a bit I will look at that, thanks gf123.

Andy

| Mon 18 Jun 2012 13:14:59 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.