My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Recording after programme has begun

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

chasepines

My humax with freetime is supposed to record the whole programme even if it has already started. Tried this umpteen times, even turning tv off and leaving it on that channel until recording should have caught up but we never get the whole programme. There is supposed to be 2 hour buffer .can anyone give me assistance?

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 17:54:29 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The buffer is only generated from the channel you are watching, to record the whole programme it must be tuned to that channel when the programme starts. Pressing the red record button after the start will create a recording instantly from the start of the programme up to current time and recording should continue to the end. Once you have started a recording you should then be able to view other channels (which, depends on if there is now one or two recordings in progress).

If you have two recordings in progress and are watching a 3rd and you have watched from the beginning then you can press the record button for the live channel after one of the two ongoing recordings has finished.

The TV plays no part in this other than letting you watch the box. Whether it's on or off makes no difference.

You can use a programme reminder to ensure the box is on and tuned to a specific programme to allow recording after the start (useful if you are recording two and the 3rd channel is still viewable).

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 18:02:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

chasepines

Thank you Graham. I had misunderstood the instructions. I thought if you switched tv on you could still record from beginning. You have been very helpful. Thank you

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 19:51:35 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.