My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Recording entire series not working Glastonbury

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

deej78

Anyone getting a lock up when trying to add Glastonbury on bbc3 and 4? Tried restarting box but it just won't add recordings to schedule. Adding single episode is working ok. Series recording on other channels is ok? This is a weird one....

| Sat 29 Jun 2013 20:49:40 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Only had a quick glance at this so far....

Think the problem is the Series Crid data is the same across channels BBC2, BBC3, BBC4 at least, so causing multiple conflicts

| Sat 29 Jun 2013 21:38:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

deej78

Right. Thanks.

| Sat 29 Jun 2013 21:39:49 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Example of what I stated earlier

102 BBC2 - 2230-0200
    106 BBC3 - 2230-0000
    107 BBC4 - 2255-0000

Different programme crids, but same series crid so 3 way conflict.

Not sat in front of a G2 at the mo so cannot check what happens, will search for more examples when I am and try and set timers.

| Sat 29 Jun 2013 21:51:45 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Similar schedule tonight, timings slightly different but 3 programmes on BBC2, 3, 4.

Try and set an SD series timer on BBC2 programme and get an almost blank page where I think it should be listing the conflicts, no lock up though.

Good spot by OP as this scenario would not occur often.

I'll pass details onto Humax Towers soonest.

| Sun 30 Jun 2013 12:04:47 #5 |
  6. bobbundy

bobbundy

hi,
    Found this forum after a long search on-line for an explanation for why I recorded BBC3 rather than the intended BBC2 at 22.30 on Saturday. Barry, you seem to have provided the reason; many thanks. If I hadn't chosen 'record the whole series' I might now have a recording of the Stones. This may also explain why some of the Spring Watch recordings went strange on me.

Is there a way I can find out the CRID data in advance so I can avoid this in future?

Thanks,

Bob

| Sun 30 Jun 2013 22:40:36 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bobbundy - 13 hours ago  » 
    hi,
    Found this forum after a long search on-line for an explanation for why I recorded BBC3 rather than the intended BBC2 at 22.30 on Saturday. Barry, you seem to have provided the reason; many thanks. If I hadn't chosen 'record the whole series' I might now have a recording of the Stones. This may also explain why some of the Spring Watch recordings went strange on me.
    Is there a way I can find out the CRID data in advance so I can avoid this in future?
    Thanks,
    Bob

Hi Bob welcome to the forum. As to CRID code display need to know which actual box you are using.

| Mon 1 Jul 2013 12:18:54 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

deej78

hi,
    Thanks,
    Bob

No forgetting to mention the OP as well. : )

Mine is the HDR 1000.

| Mon 1 Jul 2013 12:24:07 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

deej78 - 5 minutes ago  » 

hi,
    Thanks,
    Bob

No forgetting to mention the OP as well. : )
    Mine is the HDR 1000.

Open the information page

Settings/System Information. With General Info displayed press Red Green Blue Yellow Green Yellow Blue in sucession. Ignore the screen.

In the hidden settings screen Display Crid - Enable and Debug Mode Enable.

The above key combination accesses hidden menus on pretty well all the newer Humax boxes.

| Mon 1 Jul 2013 12:34:11 #9 |
  10. bobbundy

bobbundy

hi

Thanks deej78 for asking about this. My apologies for missing you out. I put it down to old age.

I'd simply not thought that a BBC3/BBC2 clash would occur. No offence to 'Chase and Status' but after 43 years of waiting, it was the Stones I wanted. Apart from the Beeb choosing to duplicate the CRID, what is also bizarre is them thinking no one would be interested in the opening number, 'Jumping Jack Flash'

Anyway, enough on the performances and down to business.

Graham: My PVR is a 9300T. I'll try the colour code sequence and see what happens; thanks a lot.

Bob ...steep learning curve ... yesterday I had never heard of a CRID ... and now I'm learning there are secret backdoors into the machine.

| Mon 1 Jul 2013 12:57:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.