My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Recording failed due to power failure

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

matcare

Disappointed to have had my first "Recording failed due to power failure". This happened occasionally on the FVP-5000T. I had hoped this was a thing of the past. I got the first minute of the recording (Pointless Celebrities). Anyone know why this happens?

| Sun 29 Nov 2020 10:26:58 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

matcare - 42 mins ago  » 
    Disappointed to have had my first "Recording failed due to power failure". This happened occasionally on the FVP-5000T. I had hoped this was a thing of the past. I got the first minute of the recording (Pointless Celebrities). Anyone know why this happens?

Complete guess what signal strength and quality do you have indicated.

I think this may be related to the thread about the box pausing in chasing playback. Too high a signal may be clipping the signal creating so much distortion that the box loses synch.

Do you get issues with live TV picture problems ?

Another possibility is that the box rf input cable is routed too close to a hdmi interconnect. These can generate rf interference in the UHF bands. Try moving any hdmi cables away fro the aerial cable or replace with double screened satellite grade cable.

| Sun 29 Nov 2020 11:15:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

For the 5000T I've found that error is often a result of the box crashing. Reason - who knows!

| Sun 29 Nov 2020 16:48:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

matcare

grahamlthompson - 5 hours ago  » 

matcare - 42 mins ago  » 

I think this may be related to the thread about the box pausing in chasing playback. Too high a signal may be clipping the signal creating so much distortion that the box loses synch.
    Another possibility is that the box rf input cable is routed too close to a hdmi interconnect. These can generate rf interference in the UHF bands. Try moving any hdmi cables away fro the aerial cable or replace with double screened satellite grade cable.

Don't have any issues with live TV. Signal strength and quality both high. I'll try your suggestions re cables though. The back of my TV is a rats nest of cables all snaking around each other so I'll try to do a bit of cable management. Is it possible to tell what the shielding on existing aerial cable is? I've looked at some double shielded cables and they don't look any different to my current ones.

| Sun 29 Nov 2020 17:17:00 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

matcare - 2 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 5 hours ago  » 

matcare - 42 mins ago  » 

Don't have any issues with live TV. Signal strength and quality both high. I'll try your suggestions re cables though. The back of my TV is a rats nest of cables all snaking around each other so I'll try to do a bit of cable management. Is it possible to tell what the shielding on existing aerial cable is? I've looked at some double shielded cables and they don't look any different to my current ones.

Double screened WF100 satellite cables have a solid copper centre conductor, with a gold foil screen over with a much more dense copper braided screen over the gold.

https://cpc.farnell.com/webro/wf100-black-100m/wf100-coaxial-cable-black-100m/dp/CB14807?mckv=sEZyIueUu_dc|pcrid|224645119674|kword||match||plid||slid||product|CB14807|pgrid|52698577371|ptaid|pla-928778693446|&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-SHOPPING&gclid=Cj0KCQiAqo3-BRDoARIsAE5vnaKV8UFH6Ss58dcmf3PtLyuuIAt69f_vsTpfanaxZhVSByG-JVX64kAaAlLLEALw_wcB

| Sun 29 Nov 2020 17:22:58 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.