My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Recording failed message

(18 posts)
  1. Archaepon

Archaepon

Martin, the signal strength is 6 bars and the quality is 10. I am assuming that is OK. If were 10 and 10 ? Or reduced?

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 11:21:08 #11 |
  2. Archaepon

Archaepon

grahamlthompson - 40 minutes ago  » 

Archaepon - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the kind replies and explanations. I forgot to mention that the recording usually has some fault in it ie pixellation or freezing. As I said in the first post my aerial/signal/cabling have all been passed as good to excellent and there is no 4g interference. I am suspecting the boxes, though 2 faulty boxes would be really bad luck.
    I will try all the advice given. It is usually operator error!
    Thanks again for the advice.

You may have too strong a signal. Those symptoms can be caused by overloading the tuners. Easy to find out try a variable attenuator and adjust to get the best possible signal quality.
    example
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/190394311379?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&rlsatarget=&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

Thanks for thr reply. I have checked the strength and quality it is 6 for strength and 10 for quality, so I assume that is not an overload situation?

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 11:24:22 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Archaepon - 2 hours ago  » 
    the signal strength is 6 bars and the quality is 10. I am assuming that is OK. If were 10 and 10 ? Or reduced?

Is that as reported by the Humax (which usually provides the information as percentages)?

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 14:20:03 #13 |
  4. Archaepon

Archaepon

Thanks for the reply.I was using the Info button and the bar graph at the bottom of the screen when tuned in to the channel. I have now gone into: Settings > Manual Search for the info and they read between 78% and 82% for Strength and 100% on every one for quality. I assume this is not too high on strength.

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 15:14:57 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Archaepon - 25 minutes ago  » 
    I have now gone into: Settings > Manual Search for the info and they read between 78% and 82% for Strength and 100% on every one for quality. I assume this is not too high on strength.

They sound fine. Which transmitter are you tuned to and how far from the transmitter are you?

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 15:42:09 #15 |
  6. Archaepon

Archaepon

Martin Liddle - 11 minutes ago  » 

Archaepon - 25 minutes ago  » 
    I have now gone into: Settings > Manual Search for the info and they read between 78% and 82% for Strength and 100% on every one for quality. I assume this is not too high on strength.

They sound fine. Which transmitter are you tuned to and how far from the transmitter are you?

I am on the Sheffield transmitter and about 5 miles from it in Grenoside. A transmitter mapping coverage places me in a 'Green' high signal area. My installer has suggested that we turn the aerial towards the Belmont transmitter, some houses in our road have done this. However it will mean mounting the aerial on a gable, something that will spoil the appearance of the house. I'd rather suffer occassional pixellation than ruin the line of the house.

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 15:57:22 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

grahamlthompson - 7 hours ago  » 

Luke - 10 hours ago  » 

Archaepon - 11 hours ago  » 
    I keep getting the 'Recording failed' message and the 'flash' logo on my HD recordings. This is happening infrequently

Have you tried to play these and were they OK to play?
    I get that occasionally and they still play fine.

Usually caused by a preceeding recording overrunning into the start of the second recording where the same tuner is required to make the second. ITV are the main offender as they often extend the AR stop recording into the ads after the actual programme has completed.
    This usually only chops a few seconds off the start of the second one and very often loses no actual programme content at all.

That may be your 'usual' cause on your HDR-2000T but it is NOT mine. Mine is due to sometimes using a marginally indequate aerial system.

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 17:31:12 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Luke - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 7 hours ago  » 

Luke - 10 hours ago  » 

Archaepon - 11 hours ago  » 
    I keep getting the 'Recording failed' message and the 'flash' logo on my HD recordings. This is happening infrequently

Have you tried to play these and were they OK to play?
    I get that occasionally and they still play fine.

Usually caused by a preceeding recording overrunning into the start of the second recording where the same tuner is required to make the second. ITV are the main offender as they often extend the AR stop recording into the ads after the actual programme has completed.
    This usually only chops a few seconds off the start of the second one and very often loses no actual programme content at all.

That may be your 'usual' cause on your HDR-2000T but it is NOT mine. Mine is due to sometimes using a marginally indequate aerial system.

I don't have a HDR-2000T. I have two HDR FOX T2's. Do your failed recordings work normally as the post I responded to, without pixellation and/or freezing ? If they do not it's hardly relevant.

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 19:06:54 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.