My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Recording keeps going back to the beginning

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

emperorbruce

We keep getting a problem when playing a recording that the screen goes blank and the recording goes back to the beginning, or the point where we started watching the programme. This can happen over and over again, each time the playback starts again from the same place. The problem appears to be worse if we fast forward over adverts. The problem often makes it almost impossible to watch the programme even though it is clear that the recording is complete. It's very frustrating.

| Fri 11 Dec 2020 17:05:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

irishdaz

We have had the same problem

| Fri 11 Dec 2020 23:26:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

It may not be related - but I've had a similar problem with a 5000T. If I start a playback from the beginning and try to skip forward a couple of minutes (I usually record all programmes using padding so there is often 2+ minutes before the programme starts) the bar may move to 1 or 2 minutes the screen is blank and suddenly the programme restarts from the beginning. If I've pressed the skip button a number of times there's a good chance the restart will happen more than once. Very occasionally I've had the same problem when returning to a part watched programme. Despite the change in operating systems (5000T Linux, Aura Android), Humax must have ported some of their flakey software from one box to the other - maybe.

| Sat 12 Dec 2020 7:43:31 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

emperorbruce

I've not experienced the problem with my 5000T (or the 4000T before it). Strange!
    The Aura is significantly better and quicker than the 5000T and several features work much better but there are still some software glitches to sort out. Unfortunately, Humax doesn't have a good track record in sorting out problems with their software, let's hope the Android operating system means that they have a new software development team!

| Sat 12 Dec 2020 12:37:40 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

niknak

I have had this on both my 4000T and 5000T but only if I try to play a recording very shortly after "waking up" the machine, before its had time to warm up properly.

| Sat 12 Dec 2020 14:37:38 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

emperorbruce - 1 day ago  » 
    let's hope the Android operating system means that they have a new software development team!

Where is the roll on the floor laughing icon when you need it?

| Sun 13 Dec 2020 14:28:26 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

niknak - 23 hours ago  » 
    I have had this on both my 4000T and 5000T but only if I try to play a recording very shortly after "waking up" the machine, before its had time to warm up properly.

Hmm. Mine does it anytime.

| Sun 13 Dec 2020 14:29:26 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.