My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Recording list Blank - Help.

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Munky17

I know this is a common problem, but I am having problems trying to fix it.
    The recording list on my 9300T is suddenly blank, but the hard drive showing 50-odd% used up, so I'm assuming the recordings are still there.
    I have downloaded Humaxrw & the 'front-end', have popped the Humax HD out and dropped it into a caddy, but it is not showing up on my Windows 10 pc.
    Is there a step I'm missing?
    Can you offer and idiot/beginner guide to using the command line version of Hymaxrw (or 'front-end') to try to fix the recordings list?
    I'd be an absolute hero if I can recover the missus' 'Gilmore Girls' etc.
    Thanks for any help/advice.

| Thu 22 Feb 2018 11:45:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Munky17 - 38 minutes ago  » 
    I have downloaded Humaxrw & the 'front-end', have popped the Humax HD out and dropped it into a caddy, but it is not showing up on my Windows 10 pc.

Did Windows offer to initialise the drive and did you allow Windows to do it?

| Thu 22 Feb 2018 12:24:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Munky17

So far Windows is not recognising the drive, I tested the caddy with another spare drive and it showed up fine, but with the Humax HD, nothing.

| Thu 22 Feb 2018 12:53:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Munky17 - 40 minutes ago  » 
    So far Windows is not recognising the drive, I tested the caddy with another spare drive and it showed up fine, but with the Humax HD, nothing.

Can I just check; does the drive show up in "Disk Management"? NB if Windows wants to initialise the disk do not let it.

| Thu 22 Feb 2018 13:37:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Munky17

No, the drive does not show up at all.
    I have noted your comments and those previously about not initialising the disk, thanks.

| Thu 22 Feb 2018 13:47:29 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Munky17 - 1 hour ago  » 
    No, the drive does not show up at all.

Puzzling. Is the drive spinning up properly in the caddy? Just wondering if it is a power supply issue with the caddy.

| Thu 22 Feb 2018 15:36:01 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Munky17

Yes, though it is quiet it does seem to be spinning.
    I have a bad feeling the HD is Kaput.
    I just replaced my 2nd drive in the pc with it and it doesn't show up at all. I'd've thought Widows would see it and ask me to format it or something, but nothing.
    Next step is to put a spare drive (an old 80Gb Seagate) in the Humax and see if that works...is the firmware on a RAM chip? Guess I'll find out in a minute.

| Thu 22 Feb 2018 15:55:53 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Munky17

Just trying a recording on the spare hd now.
    If I come to the conclusion the old drive is broken, I will try formatting it in the Humax first (I did want to try to recover the programmes, but never mind) and see if that works.
    Otherwise, any recommendations on a replacement? There's probably a thread here somewhere.

| Thu 22 Feb 2018 16:05:53 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Munky17

Thanks Martin for all your help and patience so far.
    I am now at the stage where I popped an old spare hard drive in the Humax, formatted it and recorded a few minutes of a few programmes, then using HumaxRW and front-end downloaded them top the pc (easy-peasy). I also managed to upload them to the original Humax hard drive via the external drive caddy (although it doesn't show up in Windows, 'front-end' does manage to upload to it).

As I cannot see any of my old programmes on the drive using 'front-end' I now want to see if there's any chance of recovering them via the command line interface HumaxRW. Does anyone have any step-by-step idiot guide as to how to try this please? I'm using Windows 10 64-bit, when I double click the humaxrw application, it just flashes up quickly then disappears, is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks in advance for any help. If it doesn't work, I'll be on the hunt for a replacement Hard drive.

cheers,Munky.

| Thu 22 Feb 2018 19:08:08 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Munky17 - 42 minutes ago  » 
    As I cannot see any of my old programmes on the drive using 'front-end' I now want to see if there's any chance of recovering them via the command line interface HumaxRW. Does anyone have any step-by-step idiot guide as to how to try this please?

Once you have lost the list of recordings you need to be in recovery mode. I have never used the front end so don't know if it supports it. If it does then simply set the option and try again.

I'm using Windows 10 64-bit, when I double click the humaxrw application, it just flashes up quickly then disappears, is there something else I should be doing?

Yes this a command line application so clicking on it won't work. You need to fire up Power Shell (Admin) (right click on the windows icon in the bottom left and select it). The depending on where you have humaxrw.exe type something like

cd \users\Martin Liddle\Downloads\Humax
    then
    .\humaxrw 1: -r -l

Depending on how many hard drives your computer has you may need to change the "1:" parameter to "2: etc.

| Thu 22 Feb 2018 20:05:33 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.