My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Recording saying "scrambled or no signal"

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

devongirl62

Humax PVR-9300T has started to play up and when we have recorded a programme and go to watch it. It starts and during the watching it comes up with the wording Scrambled or no signal.

It does not matter which channel . Its very frustrating as was away and recorded programmes to watch on return , not to be able to.

Any ideas

| Mon 8 May 2017 19:54:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

BobFB

My PVR9300T has been having a problem with pixelation during the hot weather. It was worst on Freeview channel 11 (Pick) even though the signal level was 81% and also showing on other channels. I rang support and they said a retune would fix it which it did not. I also noticed that the top of the case was very warm and the internal fan has only ever operated for a few seconds after switch on so I put a room fan behind the rear panel and left it for 20 minutes after which time the case was cold and the pixelation had gone. I have since made an internal modification to run the internal fan whenever the unit is running (but not on standby) and the case is now still cold after 6 hours of continuous use in this July hot weather. I suspect that there is a fault or something missing in the internal cooling system from manufacture.
    NB this modification should only be done if you have the requisite skills and experience as there are lethal voltages inside the case.

| Sat 8 Jul 2017 17:42:34 #2 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

BobFB - 4 hours ago  » 
    I suspect that there is a fault or something missing in the internal cooling system from manufacture.

If I remember correctly, with early versions of the software the fan ran whenever the 9300 was ON (as does the 9200). The 9300 fan (or rather the air through it) was found to be so noisy that later software kept the fan OFF until, I expect, case temperature was elevated. With current software the fan runs for a few seconds after switch-on then stops and I have never heard my friend's 9300 fan come ON during use of the box.

| Sat 8 Jul 2017 22:58:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

BobFB

Likewise I have never heard my fan run other than at start-up but today it has been running continuously and is quite noisy. However the picture has been absolutely fine.
    I have already developed a very simple temperature based fan controller for another item of home built equipment (that fan is quiet) so will fit one of those into my Humax and also look to see if I have a quieter fan in my collection that would fit.

| Sat 8 Jul 2017 23:21:52 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I think in the case of the original fan it is its small diameter and high air velocity that creates the noise. I vaguely remember people slowing down the fan with various techniques to reduce the noise, a potential divider feeding an emitter follower should do the trick if fan current is low. Your controller is the better solution though.

| Sat 8 Jul 2017 23:56:28 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.