My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Recording Schedule keeps disappearing

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Riftvalley

Our 9300T has worked faultlessly for a couple of years, but has now developed a problem with recording schedules.

Every few days or so (sometimes longer, sometimes much shorter) all the scheduled recordings are deleted.

This makes the machine very unreliable and we have lost several important recordings.

we have tried retuning the machine but this has not helped.

Many thanks can anyone offer suggestions please?

In all other respects the machine works fine.

Martin

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 17:32:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

maggieo

Mine did exactly the same in early January this year after two years use. I posted a similar posting to yours, in response to another, a month or two ago, but nobody responded. I emailed Humax about the problem but they didnt bother to respond. I think it's likely that one of the circuits has bust. By a process of elimiation I worked out that my machine reset all the defaults as it came out of Standby mode, eg everyday when I turned it on. I worked this out because at night after setting up scheduled recordings again, after I put it in Standby, the "set recordings" symbol was still showing on the front display, even the next day. However, as I turned on the machine appeared to re-boot, returning to default settings (ie 14:9 aspect ratio etc). The schedule would then be wiped. Since then, I have been leaving it on 24/7 to keep the schedule live. Don't make the mistake of reformatting your hard drive in the hope that it will fix. I tried that, lost all my precious recordings and still had the problem. To boot, since the last re-tune, I have noticed that sometimes the machine just re-boots when you are in the middle of watching something (live that is, not a recording)and then you have to start messing about setting up the schedule again. I was really impressed with my machine until that time, I've done loads of research and it appears this is not uncommon, but there are no fixes that I can find. I am loath to go out and buy another Humax, simply because they can't be bothered responding to emails. I'm blowed if I'm ringing their premium rate phone line to be run through a crib sheet that they should publish on their website. I do suspect though that there is no fix that they can give you. I would also welcome any suggestions by anybody that may have any.

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 19:33:44 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

maggieo - 22 minutes ago
    That would so it. Why not just change the single setting?

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 19:57:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

maggieo

Hi there, thanks for replying, forgive me but I don't understand your reply, is your posting incomplete?

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 20:37:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Riftvalley

Thanks maggieo, cheered me up no end.

Our symptoms don't appear quite as dramatic as yours as there are no overnight messages and most of the time (i.e more than 50% it is OK)

I also cannot understand what REPASSAC is trying to say, I think perhaps he failed to send a proper reply. Hopefully a full solution will be forthcoming.

A brilliant entry to the My Humax Forum.

Many thanks,

M

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 21:21:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

maggieo

Riftvalley - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks maggieo, cheered me up no end.
    Our symptoms don't appear quite as dramatic as yours as there are no overnight messages and most of the time (i.e more than 50% it is OK)
    I also cannot understand what REPASSAC is trying to say, I think perhaps he failed to send a proper reply. Hopefully a full solution will be forthcoming.
    A brilliant entry to the My Humax Forum.
    Many thanks,
    M

I think that since January I have learnt to live with my temperamental problematic box and I suppose you could argue I have had three years of good tv and catch up watching come November. It's had a lot of use as it is my only method of watching my main tv which is an analogue Panasonic (huge box but a fab picture). Just feel a bit disappointed that there is really no post-warranty Humax support to speak of.

Hopefully somebody may come up with an answer for us both!

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 21:34:45 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

The problem has been reported a number of times and a number of solutions have been suggested (filters on the mains, aerial out reset to default settings etc) but I don't recollect any permanent solution being found.

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 21:57:51 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.