My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Recording start missing

(42 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

My FVP4000t has started missing off the beginning of recordings. Can be by as much as 5 minutes! The recording options in PVR settings is greyed our so cant check anything there. Any ideas please as it’s very annoying.

| Tue 12 Dec 2017 21:00:06 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The recording options are greyed out because the box is recording or about to start recording.

What settings do you have for start and end recording (check when any existing recordings are completed). Which channels are causing the problem ?

Suspect you have set padding times, which are extending the end of recordings beyond the actual start time of the next recording.

The best option for the main channels is auto for both start and end.

| Tue 12 Dec 2017 21:15:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

Thank you I will check when recording has finished. Current recording is BBC & started on time. Missing ones were on ITV. I haven’t changed any settings at all, it’s just started doing this if it’s own accord!

| Tue 12 Dec 2017 21:24:32 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Outbackannie - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thank you I will check when recording has finished. Current recording is BBC & started on time. Missing ones were on ITV. I haven’t changed any settings at all, it’s just started doing this if it’s own accord!

What programmes were set and were they HD or SD at the time as the problem.

Without more detail it's hard for members to comment. You should try and provide details of what you had set to record at around the time (channel, programme, scheduled time and date) for all channels when the problem occurred.

Basically the box preserves the end of a recording at the expense of the beginning of the next (which is the sensible option). Without any knowledge of what recordings were set at the the FVP-4000T with 3 tuners could cope with most recording clashes but not all.

Can you check if you have programmes in your epg with channel numbers over 800 and post if you have ?

| Tue 12 Dec 2017 22:53:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

fortuner

My FOXSAT-HDR has started doing exactly the same thing!
    The other main channels seem to be ok but recording (set on auto) on ITV HD/ITV 2&3, it's like either the starting signal is not being sent or my FOXSAT-HDR isn't picking it up as it works fine on the other channels. It just starts recording at exactly the time it says on the EPG even though the soap may start or finish at a different time.
    I haven't altered any settings but I'm constantly losing the first 5 minutes or so of Coronation Street so end up having to catch-up on either ITV 2/3 at the weekends! It's extremely annoying!
    No recordings are being done either side of recording Coronation Street so that isn't the problem. It just seems that the starting signal is not being sent or not being picked up. Other channels seem to be ok.

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 22:09:32 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

fortuner - 50 minutes ago  » 

You have posted the question in the wrong section of the Forum; this is the section for Freeview FVP-4000T/FVP-5000T.

Admin Edit: As this thread is now covering both freeview and freesat have moved to broadcast forum.

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 23:01:35 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

Mine was just on itv as well. And yes was very irritating- I’d have to watch first 5 minutes on iPlayer!) I cancelled all the recordings and set them up again which seemed to solve the problem

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 0:23:01 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

fortuner

Martin Liddle - 2 hours ago  » 

fortuner - 50 minutes ago  » 

You have posted the question in the wrong section of the Forum; this is the section for Freeview FVP-4000T/FVP-5000T.

Ah, I'm sorry about that, I was going by the subject title of the initial post rather than the forum title. I actually came here directly from a Google search so assumed that we were talking about the subject rather than the specific model of device.

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 1:28:51 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

fortuner

Outbackannie - 1 hour ago  » 
    Mine was just on itv as well. And yes was very irritating- I’d have to watch first 5 minutes on iPlayer!) I cancelled all the recordings and set them up again which seemed to solve the problem

I actually already reset the timer recordings but it didn't appear to work for me. I really can't understand why it does it for only ITV (ITV HD, ITV+1, ITV 2, ITV 3 & ITV 4.) but I'll give it another go again and see what happens.

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 1:44:52 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

No it’s bizarre only on ITV & it just started doing it out of the blue, I hadn’t changed any settings. Even though it’s a different box surely the problem must be related. Good luck

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 1:56:48 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.