My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Recording start missing

(42 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Outbackannie - 8 hours ago  » 
    No it’s bizarre only on ITV & it just started doing it out of the blue, I hadn’t changed any settings. Even though it’s a different box surely the problem must be related. Good luck

ITV HD appears to have reverted to schedule times rather than when the actual content starts. For about a week it's chopped the beginning off Emmerdale at 19:00. Guessing it's a issue at ITV.

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 10:56:38 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fortuner

I've sent an email to ITV, may be they can say what's happened.

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 12:46:12 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » 
    ITV HD appears to have reverted to schedule times rather than when the actual content starts. For about a week it's chopped the beginning off Emmerdale at 19:00. Guessing it's a issue at ITV.

I have a Youview+ box which records the 6 weekly prime Emmerdale ITV HD episodes. They don't get watched, but I just checked and over the last two weeks all twelve started OK, with all twelve starting as would be expected with AR. Tuesday 23rd was particularly notable as it had the earliest start compared to the schedule but like all the others it was recorded in its entirety.

When Five started rolling out AR it was stagared with different transmiters implementing AR for Five over a number of weeks. This means that the AR supply to transmiters can be transmitter dependant.
    The transmitter which worked fine for my box's recordings was Sudbury.

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 15:35:57 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

fortuner

Well, I eventually had a reply from those at ITV. Apparently they changed the system last December. Unfortunately though, even after doing as they said, I still can't get things back the way they were!
    Here's their reply:
    -
    Thank you for your recent email regarding Coronation Street.

I can confirm that in December ITV changed the system which sets up the series recording links. I recommend that you remove that and set up new series recording(s) of Coronation Street and hopefully you will find this is now correct.

If there is still a problem, please would you provide the following;

Brief description of problem if not already given (Subtitles, missing, intermittent etc.)

Name of programme affected:

Channel:

Date & time of broadcast:

Postcode:

House number/name:

Daytime phone number:

Method of reception. For example:

Digital terrestrial (Freeview)

Sky satellite

Freesat satellite

Cable

Are you referring to High Definition or +1 services?

Do you have your own aerial or is it a communal aerial?

Is your aerial external or internal?

Manufacturer/model of TV:

Manufacturer/model of any recording equipment:

The information you supply may be passed to our technical team, transmitter engineers and other departments, as required. I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV Viewer Services.

If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,
    -

| Wed 31 Jan 2018 21:23:18 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just watched second episode of Corrie start on Freesat ITV-HD . Programme started about 1-2 mins before recording. Recording started at scheduled time. Will replace series record tomorrow and check what happened on FVP-5000T.

| Wed 31 Jan 2018 21:29:21 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

fortuner - 3 days ago  » 
    I've sent an email to ITV, may be they can say what's happened.

fortuner - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Well, I eventually had a reply from those at ITV. Apparently they changed the system last December. Unfortunately though, even after doing as they said, I still can't get things back the way they were!
    Here's their reply:
    -
    Thank you for your recent email regarding Coronation Street.
    I can confirm that in December ITV changed the system which sets up the series recording links. I recommend that you remove that and set up new series recording(s) of Coronation Street and hopefully you will find this is now correct.
    If there is still a problem, please would you provide the following;
    Brief description of problem if not already given (Subtitles, missing, intermittent etc.)
    Name of programme affected:
    Channel:
    Date & time of broadcast:
    Postcode:
    House number/name:
    Daytime phone number:
    Method of reception. For example:
    Digital terrestrial (Freeview)
    Sky satellite
    Freesat satellite
    Cable
    Are you referring to High Definition or +1 services?
    Do you have your own aerial or is it a communal aerial?
    Is your aerial external or internal?
    Manufacturer/model of TV:
    Manufacturer/model of any recording equipment:
    The information you supply may be passed to our technical team, transmitter engineers and other departments, as required. I look forward to hearing from you in due course.
    May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV Viewer Services.
    If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.
    Kind regards,
    -

Could you post exactly what you asked ITV?
    The reply from ITV that you posted is about series and not about accurate recording. Apart from the two (series v Accurate Recording) potentially being about the same broadcast event the two are very different and use different mechanisms.

For example - Five started off by using series links without Accurate Recording. And currently there are a few channels that use series link but just record according to the forecast schedule.

Re-jigging the series link should not have any impact on Accurate Recording. Any apparent impact should just be coincidence and a wast of time to even attempt. But if a recorder has a software bug obviously there could be some sort of influence from one to the other, but it wont be the broadcaster's error. Based on past history of Humax it would be startling of it is a Humax software bug. Obviously there are bugs in all PVR software but one like this is so unlikely that you'd have better chance of winning the jack pot in next weeks Australian lottery.

| Wed 31 Jan 2018 22:03:52 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Programme recorded correctly on FVP5000T starting the recording at 20:29.

Unfortunately G2 Freesat doesn't give you recording start times but playing back the Freeview recording shows the Freesat recording started about 50 seconds later missing some of the actual content at the start.

I have cancelled and re-instated the Freesat recording - watch this space.

| Thu 1 Feb 2018 11:22:04 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Thanks to Barry who reminded me how to find recording start time on G2 box.

Programme started as expected at scheduled time of 20:30 and should have started at 20:29.

| Thu 1 Feb 2018 13:50:02 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Early days, but tonight's Corrie episodes recorded OK.

| Fri 2 Feb 2018 21:50:09 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

fortuner

Could you post exactly what you asked ITV?
    The reply from ITV that you posted is about series and not about accurate recording. Apart from the two (series v Accurate Recording) potentially being about the same broadcast event the two are very different and use different mechanisms.
    For example - Five started off by using series links without Accurate Recording. And currently there are a few channels that use series link but just record according to the forecast schedule.
    Re-jigging the series link should not have any impact on Accurate Recording. Any apparent impact should just be coincidence and a wast of time to even attempt. But if a recorder has a software bug obviously there could be some sort of influence from one to the other, but it wont be the broadcaster's error. Based on past history of Humax it would be startling of it is a Humax software bug. Obviously there are bugs in all PVR software but one like this is so unlikely that you'd have better chance of winning the jack pot in next weeks Australian lottery.

Here's what I wrote to ITV:
    -
    I've noticed over the last few weeks that the signal to auto record on my DVR hasn't been working. It is either not being picked up or not being sent and strangely it only does it on the ITV channels, the other channels there doesn't appear to be the same problem. Has ITV stopped sending this signal to record?

I like to record/watch Coronation Street through the week but sometimes when I go to watch it later, the first/last few minutes are sometimes missing so I have to end up recording the programme over the weekend on ITV2/3! It's extremely annoying! My DVR only records exactly what is on the EPG schedule rather than the time it actually starts/finishes. And as we know, few programmes finish and start at exactly those scheduled times.

Looking forward to your reply.
    -
    I don't really care what it's called. All I know is, that I haven't changed any settings on my Humax and ITV (all ITV channels) are the only ones where the problem lies. ITV have explained the reasons why and told me how to sort it out, but I still can't get it recording the way it was before they did what they did.
    On my Humax in the settings, I can either have it set on Auto or 1,2,3,5 minutes before or after the EPG broadcast times.
    I have now done everything I can think of to try to sort it out but nothing works. ITV is the only channel where the problem exists so there can't be anything wrong with my Humax. All the other channels I can see that programmes are recorded (on Auto setting) a few minutes before or after the EPG broadcast times, so it clearly works, just not on ITV.

I'm now going to reply to ITV's email letting them know that the problem still exists.

| Sat 3 Feb 2018 0:46:32 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.