My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Recording times issue

(23 posts)
  1. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I just set today BBC1 Wales to record the Rugby match at 1300-1700. First thing I noticed is the Record Icon did not show up on the Schedule. I checked in the record list and it said in the top left 19/01 and for recording times 03.14-03.14.. I deleted and tried several times with the same result. BBC1 NI does the same thing, and several other channels I checked were all normal. So I set the recording manually, and will check at 1300 to ensure it is actually recording.

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this unusual issue.

| Sat 8 Aug 2015 11:06:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try again it's now starting at 14:00. I have set a recording on my Foxsat from channel 976 BBC One Wales HD and it's in the schedule as expected.

| Sat 8 Aug 2015 12:25:16 #2 |
  3. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I just checked and Programme Guide now shows as you said, however when I click to record, no icon and recording times are as before !

I have set it manually but will watch when it starts to make sure.

Just noticed that you are recording HD, and I am not,,,one minute while I updat

| Sat 8 Aug 2015 13:05:32 #3 |
  4. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

HD channel behaves the same way as previous with BBC 1 Wales,,and the odd thing is that when selecting either BBC 1 Wales or BBC 1 Wales HD, I do not get any choice of resolution, all other channels I do.

| Sat 8 Aug 2015 13:18:49 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 40 minutes ago  » 
    HD channel behaves the same way as previous with BBC 1 Wales,,and the odd thing is that when selecting either BBC 1 Wales or BBC 1 Wales HD, I do not get any choice of resolution, all other channels I do.

Strange I tried both SD and HD. Left the HD reservation in and the box woke up 15 minutes ago to make the recording as you will lose the schedule. Recording started at 13:59.

I would be inclined to do a freesat retune or factory reset. In both cases make a note of your recording schedule. Is your box left in sby overnight ?

| Sat 8 Aug 2015 14:04:11 #5 |
  6. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I just checked a programme after the rugby and it gave me the option of SD or HD, so I clicked and when I checked the reservation, it again said 03.14-03.14 ! I will wait until my reservations are recorded and then do a full retune, although it claims the channel signal is perfect. And it's the only one that does it.

I do leave on STBY sometimes, as it was last night.

I forgot to mention one other odd thing. If I accept the strange times and just edit,,I am faced with the fact that in the edit box upper left corner it claims the year is 2036 !

| Sat 8 Aug 2015 16:27:09 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 22 minutes ago  » 
    I just checked a programme after the rugby and it gave me the option of SD or HD, so I clicked and when I checked the reservation, it again said 03.14-03.14 ! I will wait until my reservations are recorded and then do a full retune, although it claims the channel signal is perfect. And it's the only one that does it.
    I do leave on STBY sometimes, as it was last night.
    I forgot to mention one other odd thing. If I accept the strange times and just edit,,I am faced with the fact that in the edit box upper left corner it claims the year is 2036 !

What software version do you have on the box, and are you running Raydons custom firmware ? Incidentally the recording on my Foxsat worked as expected.

The retune is nothing to do with the signal, the BBC may have changed other details you can't see like the SID (Service Identifier, currently 8911 according to KingofSat). It should have been corrected during overnight housekeeping.

| Sat 8 Aug 2015 16:54:31 #7 |
  8. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

Yes I am using Raydons custom firmware.. I shall leave it on tonight and see what happens.

| Sat 8 Aug 2015 16:56:21 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 20 seconds ago  » 
    Yes I am using Raydons custom firmware.. I shall leave it on tonight and see what happens.

Did you use the up to date version of Nowsters patch (the utc version). The original has a bug that doesn't work properly during BST ?

Did you set the recording via the webif ? If so it needs a package update.

"No default authority data available for this channel. Unable to set the recording"

I will report in the appropriate thread.

EDIT

The fix is already online. In package management available upgrades - click on update from the internet.

| Sat 8 Aug 2015 17:05:52 #9 |
  10. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I found the problem .

I did a retune and then went to BBC Wales 1 and HD and set 2 recordings and everything was perfect. I then used my Web-if to rest the channels that I normally use. I then went to BBC 1 Wales and it was broke ! So something has gone wrong with my Web-IF. I checked for upgrades and I only have icons and documentation available. So I may have to start over and reset everything back to zero, and rebuild.

| Sat 8 Aug 2015 17:50:00 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.