My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Recording times issue

(23 posts)
  1. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

Left unit on STBY and checked this morning, same issue. However I have noticed another problem when using WebIf and saving..I get an error showing up. Attached screen grab show the error, Maybe that is a clue.

Attachments

1. Screenshot_3.jpg (38.7 KB, 1 downloads) 8 years old
    | Sun 9 Aug 2015 8:32:40 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I suggest that you also repost this on AV forums where the custom support is based. As far as I know Adrian does not frequent this forum (MHF), however raydon does for time to time.

| Sun 9 Aug 2015 8:59:06 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Loooks like you have some corruption in the webif. I would suggest you first run "fix-disk" from telnet to check/repair any hard disk errors (do it in the morning so you don't interfere with scheduled recordings) followed by a full re-initialise and re-install of the web interface.

| Sun 9 Aug 2015 19:57:52 #13 |
  4. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I'll give that a try in the morning,thx

| Sun 9 Aug 2015 22:05:15 #14 |
  5. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

raydon - 13 hours ago  » 
    Loooks like you have some corruption in the webif. I would suggest you first run "fix-disk" from telnet to check/repair any hard disk errors (do it in the morning so you don't interfere with scheduled recordings) followed by a full re-initialise and re-install of the web interface.

I performed the fix-disk, and it actually said it had fixed a few problems, however the recording issues persists. I will now do the next phase. I have never done a re-initialise, or re-install, some guidance would be most appreciated.

| Mon 10 Aug 2015 9:16:56 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

To start again with a clean slate just open a telnet session to your HDR and enter this command :
    rm /opt/etc/.DO_NOT_DELETE_THIS_FILE
    (note the dot included in the filename)
    then reboot the box.
    This will reset your custom firmware environment back to the point as if you had just flashed the custom firmware. You can then re-install the full web interface and apps again from scratch.

| Mon 10 Aug 2015 11:52:54 #16 |
  7. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I did these steps,

1) Ran fix-disk...no change,
    2)Cleared webIf according to the instructions, then re-installed.
    3) then retuned the Humax, and BBC 1 Wales SD and HD recording would set and display correctly,
    4)Ran WebIf and trimmed channels not wanted but left Wales BBC1 SD and HD, Same error shows up when saving the configuration from Webif...

..but Checked recordings and BBC1 Wales SD is wrong !! BBC1 Wales HD is ok .

| Mon 10 Aug 2015 13:32:08 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

sloppyjoe - 5 hours ago  » 
    Ran WebIf and trimmed channels not wanted but left Wales BBC1 SD and HD, Same error shows up when saving the configuration from Webif...

Try trimming just a few channels at a time in small blocks, or even one at a time at first, to try and locate which channel(s) is generating the error.

sloppyjoe - 5 hours ago  » 
    ..but Checked recordings and BBC1 Wales SD is wrong !! BBC1 Wales HD is ok .

Your not making yourself very clear. Checked recordings where, and how? And what exactly is wrong with the BBC1 Wales SD recording ?

| Mon 10 Aug 2015 19:17:34 #18 |
  9. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

Sorry if it sounds confusing.
    What I mean by BBC 1 Wales SD is wrong,,I mean the reservation time as shown after selection shows as it did before,,09/01..03.14-03.14 ..I just described it as being wrong.

Your idea of trimming a few channels at a time is a good one. I shall try that. In fact I could try just saving the whole list, without trimming anything, and see if it generates the error, just by saving, never thought of that.

I do appreciate your support, for this very annoying issue.

| Mon 10 Aug 2015 21:44:50 #19 |
  10. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

..and I had another thought,,,in the middle of the night !

Could it be that the browser I am using (Google Chrome) is the problem. I seem to recall that sometime ago it was reported to be a problem.

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 6:42:34 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.