My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Recording whole series on T5000

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blackwidow

Good evening! We have just got a T5000, and I thought I was getting on very well with learning how to use it. However, I set the whole series of Bargain Hunt yesterday to record, and when we got home today, it transpired, that it hadn’t actually recorded today’s episode. I had a look at the scheduled recordings, and only two of them on there, 23rd and 25th February. So I tried cancelling the series, recording, and setting it up again, and exactly the same thing happened. I did notice that when I clicked okay on the program in the guide, over on the left were two dates, 23 February and 24th February. I tried clicking on both to set them in case it made a difference, but when I tried the 24th after the 23rd, it just said the series was set to record. I’m checking the schedule again, the same thing was in there, as it was before, just a recording on the 23rd, and then one on the 25th. What am I doing wrong? Have I misunderstood something ?! Thank you in advance.

| Wed 22 Feb 2023 23:47:28 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You are doing nothing wrong I suspect.

It is because the BBC are showing episodes from different series each day.

For example in the dates you mention 23rd is series 58, 24th is series 57.

| Thu 23 Feb 2023 8:44:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 
    You are doing nothing wrong I suspect.
    It is because the BBC are showing episodes from different series each day.
    For example in the dates you mention 23rd is series 58, 24th is series 57.

For that particular pair the BBC have decided to make a min-series out of them, and currently nothing else is included.

@Blackwidow This means that if any one, not just you and your T5000, set a series record for one of them then it this week it should record just the two of them - unless the BBC change their mind and add others to that series.

| Thu 23 Feb 2023 10:05:35 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blackwidow

Oh, I really didn’t realise that! Thanks so much for your help, both of you.

| Thu 23 Feb 2023 20:24:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Maybe an alternative way would be to set up a manual recording for 1215-1300 (using 'Add a schedule' at the top of the Scheduled Recordings list) and mark it, via the 'Repeat' line, to record daily.

However, you would have to delete whatever it happened to record at that time on Saturday and Sunday.

Edit: If you wanted to record the Sat/Sun editions, which may vary in their timings, you would need to set single recordings each week on the alternative BBC1 SD/HD channel to avoid a clash if they overlapped with the daily recordings (which would have happened last Sunday when it was 1200-1300).

| Thu 23 Feb 2023 23:50:31 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blackwidow

Thanks very much for that, good idea!

| Fri 24 Feb 2023 21:00:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

You are welcome and best of luck.

By the way, although your thread title says "T5000", I assume you are talking about the FVP5000T box as you posted in the correct section for it.

| Sat 25 Feb 2023 1:20:14 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blackwidow

Haha yes! I must have watched Terminator 2 too many times

| Mon 27 Feb 2023 20:29:33 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.