My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Recording/Pausing Issues

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chewie77

Hi, I have recently purchased an HDR 1100s and I'm experiencing issues when pausing and recording. When pressing play after a programme has been paused it often skips forward to a further point ahead and I'm unable to rewind to the pause point.

I'm also having issues with scheduled recordings where I am getting conflict errors even though there are no other recordings in progress.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues and if there is a recommended fix?

Many Thanks

| Mon 7 Nov 2016 12:26:29 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

No idea on first point.
    On the second go to Settings > System Info. > Signal.

At the foot of the page there is a message which tells how many NB feeds were detected at initial setup.

If only 1 then make a note of recording schedule and preform a reset to default. (Recordings are kept), Watch for a onscreen message confirming two feeds.

| Mon 7 Nov 2016 14:30:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chewie77

Ok many thanks I'll take a look at this. I do recall that it detected two feeds on initial setup but will check anyway just in case.

| Mon 7 Nov 2016 14:50:38 #3 |
  4. hairbear

hairbear

Chewie77 - 6 hours ago  » 
    Hi, I have recently purchased an HDR 1100s and I'm experiencing issues when pausing and recording. When pressing play after a programme has been paused it often skips forward to a further point ahead and I'm unable to rewind to the pause point.
    I'm also having issues with scheduled recordings where I am getting conflict errors even though there are no other recordings in progress.
    I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues and if there is a recommended fix?
    Many Thanks

Is this playing back after live-pause, or playing back a recording ... or both ?
    If this happens in a recording, does it skip at the same point if you play it back again from the start ?
    If live-pause, does it skip at the same point if you rewind much further back and try to play ?
    What I'm getting at is ... can you ever play back any segment of recording that has previously been skipped. If not, then this could just be a 'hole' in the recording caused by signal issues. In this case you need to check signal strength/quality in the menus, and your cable connections.

| Mon 7 Nov 2016 19:07:10 #4 |
  5. hairbear

hairbear

Chewie77 - 6 hours ago  » 
    Many Thanks

Of course, scheduling issues could also be caused by signal issues. If a tuner goes missing, then scheduling will be affected.

| Mon 7 Nov 2016 19:09:02 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Chewie77 - 5 hours ago  » 
    Ok many thanks I'll take a look at this. I do recall that it detected two feeds on initial setup but will check anyway just in case.

You may have developed a faulty connection to tuner 2 after the initial install. (Or even a faulty lnb).

Simple test for two working tuners.

Enter 106 on the remote to switch to BBC 1 HD and press the instant record button. Enter 105 to switch to Channel 5 HD and press the record button.

Entering any of the following (in any order) should give you a viewable channel.

600 (if on air at the time)

Like Repassac somewhat confused with the time shift buffer issue. A known issue is corruption of the time shift buffer file area of the hard disk. this normally causes no live pause or a reset of the box after a similar time interval. In both cases only cure is a disk format.

| Mon 7 Nov 2016 20:10:08 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.