My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Recordings Button on Sony Bravia Remote

(8 posts)
  1. TheFinalSoldier

TheFinalSoldier

I have a Humax Aura box after getting rid of Sky Q, and on the whole I love it, but I really want to just use one remote rather than having to constantly switch between the Sony TV remote and the Humax remote. I have managed to setup the Set Top Box on the TV and finding the Humax box. And for the most part the Sony remote works perfectly well, you can change channel, volume, access the guide etc. The MAIN issue is that I cannot map the 'Recordings button' to the Sony remote, which means that you cannot access any of the recordings on the box without pressing this on the Humax remote.

Does anyone have any tips on what else I could do to get around this so I can ditch having to use both remotes. I have added a photo of both to see as an image.

| Fri 20 May 2022 14:58:50 #1 |
  2. TheFinalSoldier

TheFinalSoldier

Image of the two remotes as mentioned above.

Attachments

1. IMG_0699.JPG (657.7 KB, 1 downloads) 1 year old
    | Fri 20 May 2022 15:00:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Not sure if I have missed something, but why do you want to control the Humax with your TV remote?

All I use is the Humax remote and that does everything I need, so my TV remote is gathering dust In the drawer.

| Sat 21 May 2022 12:24:23 #3 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

Harters - 15 mins ago  » 
    Not sure if I have missed something, but why do you want to control the Humax with your TV remote?
    All I use is the Humax remote and that does everything I need, so my TV remote is gathering dust In the drawer.

That looks like the remote for a Sony Google/Android TV so the user may want to access apps on the TV (such as Netflix and Now TV that are not on the Aura) or watch Freesat.

| Sat 21 May 2022 12:45:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Looks the same as mine
    Can’t watch Apple TV in 4K on aura
    but works fine on Sony TV

| Sat 21 May 2022 14:55:52 #5 |
  6. Mars

Mars

special member

I tried setting up the box on my 2021 Sony by model name, but entering Humax and FVP (and Aura) only found the 4000T and the 5000T. Hence, I don't think that there is a solution.

| Sat 21 May 2022 17:50:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Mars - 22 hours ago  » 

Harters - 15 mins ago  » 

That looks like the remote for a Sony Google/Android TV so the user may want to access apps on the TV (such as Netflix and Now TV that are not on the Aura) or watch Freesat.

Ahhh, that explains it

Talking of Apple TV from the next post, I noticed that appeared in my list of my frequent Apps yesterday, but I have never used it, so not sure how that happened. I even though I had uninstalled it

| Sun 22 May 2022 11:37:38 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

There's a very good Key mapping device for Android here...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dxidev.automate_tv&hl=en_GB&gl=US
    Might be of use?

| Tue 14 Jun 2022 16:46:50 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.