My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

recordings interupted

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bonnie8862

please excuse me being a bit of a dunce when it comes to technical things but i wonder if someone could kindly help me re my recordings .

when i set a recording on channel 4/5 on my humax 9150t alls great until you get a news bulletin during the programme and it suddenly stops recording ! i mention channel 4/5 as this is where it seems to occur most ..

has anyone experienced this or know where i can go to get any help..

thanks for reading

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 12:09:11 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Hi bonnie did not get chance to welcome you to the Forum with your first post, so welcome

Depending on what software version you had originally, you might not have had the facility you have now.

Programmes interupted by a news programme are called split programmes.

When you highlight such a programme in the EPG, and press OK you should get a pop up:

'You have selected a split event programme. The whole programme will be reserved'

Once you press OK you should see both parts have timer icon in the EPG.

The first part of the programme should record, the unit will stop recording for the duration of the news broadcast, and recommence recording when the second part of the programme starts.

It will appear in your recordings list as 2 entries.

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 12:34:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bonnie8862

Barry thank you for your post and kind welcome I know how busy you must be today ..

It appears to happen when a programme has an un scheduled news bulletin such as the one the other day regarding david Cameron's voting on the Euro Veto ..

So when I record the message does not seem to appear ..

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 12:50:24 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Recordings should not stop because of a news flash, unless the broadcaster changes the running status. A bit puzzling this one.

Do you get the pop up I mention earlier on split programmes now, for example Channel Five tomorrow @ 9PM, the film Speed - you should also note the different colour background to the programme name.

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 14:09:26 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.