My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Recordings lost and will not record

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JennyD

Hi, new to the forum but hope you can help. Not used the box for a while, started up, had a few old recordings, but they disappeared (reappeared after Factory Reset), now disappeared completely. Also it just will not record, we're thinking a problem with hard drive & seem to recall Humax support (when I called after software update stopped live TV pause) suggesting reformatting. How do we reformat the hard drive, or, has anyone got any other suggestions please?

| Sat 9 May 2015 18:52:24 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

The way to Format is go to Sytem settings - Storage - HDD - Start disk format.

You could try turning the box off and removing from mains for around 10 minutes, if that doesn't resolve things then a format is probably the way to go.

| Sat 9 May 2015 19:43:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JennyD

Thank you. We'd left it unplugged hoping for a reply, reconnected it and under Storage it now shows HDD & External HDD, which didn't appear before and the recordings have re-appeared! I'm concerned if we don't reformat it now, we'll lose the ability to do it if they disappear again. Hubby wants to watch a couple of old recordings first
    Thanks again.

| Sat 9 May 2015 20:03:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JennyD

Even after I replied above, the System Settings option HDD has gone again, I only have Power Save! Something's definitely wrong. I'll try unplugging it as you suggested & go from there.

| Sat 9 May 2015 20:11:28 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JennyD - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Even after I replied above, the System Settings option HDD has gone again, I only have Power Save! Something's definitely wrong. I'll try unplugging it as you suggested & go from there.

If the box is about to record (within 15 minutes) or actually recording lots of the menu options that could terminate the recording are not available.

| Sat 9 May 2015 20:21:03 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.