My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Recordings not retaining progress

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruffage

I wondered if there was a place to record bugs for Humax's attention, or is just posting here enough?

Seems that if you place the box straight into standby whilst watching a recording (without stopping it first), then the progress of the watching isn't retained. At the next startup I go back to the recording and there's no red line showing where I stopped watching, and selecring it starts from the beginning again.

Also, is there a key press to open the recent apps list, to kill of non-responsive apps? Double press of Home doesn't do it. All4 has had one or two force closes, but I've had to go the long way round. Thanks.

| Sat 29 May 2021 21:14:19 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ruffage - 30 mins ago  » 
    I wondered if there was a place to record bugs for Humax's attention, or is just posting here enough?
    Seems that if you place the box straight into standby whilst watching a recording (without stopping it first), then the progress of the watching isn't retained. At the next startup I go back to the recording and there's no red line showing where I stopped watching, and selecring it starts from the beginning again.
    Also, is there a key press to open the recent apps list, to kill of non-responsive apps? Double press of Home doesn't do it. All4 has had one or two force closes, but I've had to go the long way round. Thanks.

Not surprised this does not work. If you put the box in standby without stoppimg replay how do you expect the box to save where you got to ?

You also cannot delete a recording in progress without stopping the recording first.

How hard is it to stop playback before pressing the power button. Current recordings are not affected neither is switching to on demand content while recording is in progress.

Press the return button before the power button should retain the viewed to location.

In the same vein you cannot delete recordings in progress without stopping the recording first.

In hundreds of posts you are the first to expect pressing the power button while replaying the recording would be remembered Same would apply if you had a power cut. It take it you do not get a resume playback after doing this ? Not a practice I would ever try.

| Sat 29 May 2021 21:58:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruffage

I understand where you’re coming from, but I would expect some sort of standby routine to run before the unit goes to sleep. Streaming services know where you’ve left it when switching off so I’d assume the same from the Aura. Pretty sure my old Humax T2120 did this too.
    Of course I can press stop first, but it’s just a suggestion to make the unit more robust.

| Sun 30 May 2021 0:00:01 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.