My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Recordings not showing after Aura reset

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Frank Leigh

While watching a recording on my Aura, a reconditioned unit bought from Humax on 16 May this year, it jumped to a live programme, then to another. It did this a few times, as it had done it intermittently in the last couple of days. Watching recordings had also become problematic in the last week or two, as for example even though I'd watched a programme perhaps half way through, if I went back to it, it went to a much earlier restart point in the programme that I'd already watched.

I tried a reset, thinking Recordings and Schedule would be preserved, but there's no sign of anything, although at the foot of the Recordings screen, Storage shows only 64% free space. Under Device Preferences/Storage, it shows Device storage, Internal shared storage Total space: 8.4 GB and Non-removable storage, Internal HDD Total space 2.0 TB.

Did I just make a dunderhead blunder in thinking a reset wouldn't delete recordings?

| Mon 15 Aug 2022 20:34:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Frank Leigh - 2 hours ago  » 
    Did I just make a dunderhead blunder in thinking a reset wouldn't delete recordings?

Which reset did you do (Factory Reset or Freeview Reset)?

| Mon 15 Aug 2022 22:57:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Frank Leigh

I used Reset in Device Preferences. I'd googled "does humax aura reset delete recordings" and the first result, from myhumax.org, showed "Only a hard disk format deletes recordings". It didn't mention Hard Disk Format under Device Preferences.

I was wary, as when I went I clicked on Reset under Device Preferences, it said "Reset. This will erase all data from your device's internal storage, including: your Google Account, system and app data and settings and downloaded apps". But I thought that it would have included recordings and recording schedule as well if they were affected, as that's pretty important. So, I crossed my fingers and went ahead, and regret not having more of a look around the various settings.

I see now that the word Reset also appears under Freeview Play Preference, and that Factory Reset saves the user's recordings. I just wish that under Device Preferences/Reset it had used the word Format and specifically mentioned recordings were also included in its list of what would disappear - fairly important to the user.

Also, I'm confused that on the Recordings screen it shows 64% free space. I'd have thought that after the recordings had been deleted, there wouldn't be only that amount of space left.

| Tue 16 Aug 2022 8:10:32 #3 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

64% free space suggests the recordings are still there. Have you tried rebooting the Aura?

| Tue 16 Aug 2022 8:17:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I have done both a factory reset and a Freeview reset and neither deleted my recordings. I can’t remember the exact process now, but it is quite an obvious step to actually format the hard drive.

You can export your settings which includes your timer schedule and then import them once you have reset.

On my old FVP-4000, if I went into the recording list too soon after starting the device, the recordings would not be there. Leave it a couple of minutes and they would appear.

Have you tried restarting, waiting a couple of minutes, then looking at the recording list?

| Tue 16 Aug 2022 10:09:56 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

Like others, I have done the reset a few times and the recordings not deleted.

Sounds like there might be a corruption and the recordings lost.

Safest thing might be to do the full format option so you don't hit the same issue again.

| Tue 16 Aug 2022 12:35:26 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

MattB1 - 1 hour ago  » 
    ….Sounds like there might be a corruption and the recordings lost.
    Safest thing might be to do the full format option so you don't hit the same issue again.

Good idea.

I used to suffer that problem with an old HDR and the only option was a format. Fortunately, I have not had this issue with my 4000 or the Aura.

| Tue 16 Aug 2022 13:51:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Frank Leigh

Thanks for the input, everyone. No change so far. I've tried what was suggested, apart from the format, which sounds as though it may be the thing to do. I'm just waiting to see what Humax Support say in reply to my email. Well, we all live in hope.

| Wed 17 Aug 2022 15:44:28 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Frank Leigh

Humax Support haven't come up with a solution so far, so I've formatted the disk. I recorded a couple of minutes of a programme and then did a Factory Reset, and this time the recording remained, which is promising. I'll see how it behaves over the weekend.

| Fri 19 Aug 2022 19:25:26 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Frank Leigh

No more problems. Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

| Tue 23 Aug 2022 15:10:01 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.