My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Recordings still in planned list

(12 posts)
  1. badbones

badbones

I have noticed that some recordings remain in the planned list even after recording has completed and the date and time has passed.

This has happened several times since the recent software update and I have had to manually remove them from the planned list and even though the recording has taken place you can only remove them from the planned list by selecting 'Cancel planned recording'.

Has anyone else noticed this?

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 11:53:43 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

This is the standard way series are recorded. After recording at each EPG update the EPG will be scanned for the next programme in the series. There is no end of series market and programmes will remain in the schedule until 13 weeks are elapsed when they are deleted.

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 12:08:43 #2 |
  3. badbones

badbones

Does this mean that the end of series marker is not used by freesat or that the broadcasters just can't be bothered to send it?

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 13:19:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dec

Surely they could hide it in the planned list like Sky do rather than us having an ever increasing list of programs which have finished.

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 13:26:49 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

badbones - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Does this mean that the end of series marker is not used by freesat or that the broadcasters just can't be bothered to send it?

The system doesn't cater for a end of series flag. Both Freeview+ and Freesat+ are identical. If you don't want to wait 13 weeks you can manually delete expired series manually.

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 13:26:51 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dec - 37 seconds ago  » 
    Surely they could hide it in the planned list like Sky do rather than us having an ever increasing list of programs which have finished.

If they hid them how would you get rid. It takes a few minutes to occasionly go to the end of the list and delete them.

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 13:28:30 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dec

Why do you need to delete them if they're hidden.
    When each episode in a series is recorded the next episode appears in the planned section just as does now.
    If there is no "next" program the entry in the planned section is hidden.
    This way you don't even need an end of series flag to be transmitted.
    After a period of time the hidden entry gets deleted.

It works perfectly well for Sky and you never have planned recordings visible when there is no program to record.

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 14:33:55 #7 |
  8. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

dec - 8 minutes ago  » 

It works perfectly well for Sky and you never have planned recordings visible when there is no program to record.

Whoopy Doo for Sky.
    For all we know, Sky could very well have some sort of patent on that particular feature which may prevent it being applied to other non Sky products.

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 14:48:26 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dec - 51 minutes ago  » 
    Why do you need to delete them if they're hidden.
    When each episode in a series is recorded the next episode appears in the planned section just as does now.
    If there is no "next" program the entry in the planned section is hidden.
    This way you don't even need an end of series flag to be transmitted.
    After a period of time the hidden entry gets deleted.

Because there's a finite number of allowable scheduled entries, a heavy user may exceed this. Not sure the size of the schedule counter on the hdr-1000s (possibly 256 - single byte). Some pvrs have quite small numbers allowable and it's very easy to run out.

This system is used on all Humax pvrs, 8000T, 9150T, 9200T, 9300T, HD-FOX T2, HDR FOX T2, Foxsat-HDR and the HDR-1000s. I can't see them changing it for one poster no matter how vociferous. Never seen it as a problem as clearly thousands of others do not.

Sky have a much more direct control of the epg content, they know that every box using the epg has exactly the same user interface. The same isn't true of Freesat and Freeview boxes.

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 15:33:46 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

dec

I didn't know there was a limit on the number of planned recordings.

I know the user interface for G1 was up to the manufacturer, thought G2 boxes were fully controlled by Freesat ?

I never said it was a problem, it's just not a nice way of doing in IMHO - everyone entitled to their own opinion etc.

Although I've had PVRs for many years, way before 7 day planners existed, I've never had a Humax so didn't know that was how they'd always done it.

Gonzo, no idea what "Whoopy Doo for Sky" was for.
    Not a fan of Sky ?
    I actually think their epg design and implementation is far superior to the Humax and it's virtually instant too instead of slow and being built up while you view it.

Anyway, the 1000s is still falling far too short of what we should expect so it's new owner is picking it up at the weekend.

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 17:46:49 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.