My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Recordings still in planned list

(12 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

dec - 54 minutes ago  » 

Gonzo, no idea what "Whoopy Doo for Sky" was for.
    Not a fan of Sky ?
    I actually think their epg design and implementation is far superior to the Humax and it's virtually instant too instead of slow and being built up while you view it.
    Anyway, the 1000s is still falling far too short of what we should expect so it's new owner is picking it up at the weekend.

I'm not particularly a fan due to previous experience when I was a subscriber, but its nothing to do with that.
    It's just that lately I've seen a few posts here and there that some folk have recently given up Sky and gone for Freesast and then complain that their Freesat box doesn't work in the same way as the Sky box. Someone else was complaining that it didn't work in the same way as an old TiVo box.
    Yeah the Sky box maybe far superior in some respects, but they've got the money and resources to focus on their software which is pretty much the same accross all models and manufacterers and they've had plenty of years to fine tune things. Im pretty sure the earlier Sky+ boxes had plenty of issues that got fixed and altered over time.
    Humax on the other hand have more than one design of software to worry about for each model of PVR they provide and also haven't really had that long working with the Freetime software.
    I'm sure over time they will play around and fine tune things that some are requesting, but it just not going happen overnight.

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 19:21:10 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dec

I hope you're right and they do get it right in time. Just a shame they'll have lost some of us by then.

I'm sure the time spent developing youtube could've been better spent fixing bugs and other minor changes such as the long promised 4od etc.

Anyway, it was kind of fun for a while and at least I sold my box for more than I bought it so can't complain at that and I get another toy to play with.

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 22:00:12 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.