My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Records four channels?

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

typonaut

Barry - 3 days ago  » 
    Not a lie at all.
    If you had read the FAQ's - some of which were published, by me, before the unit was available to the general public it would be clear what the minor limitations are.

Are the FAQs printed on the box? Are there any caveats on the box? I think the answer to both of these is 'non'. Therefore it is a lie.

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 16:59:17 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

typonaut

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 
    Familiarise yourself with the concept of a multiplex (Mux), depending on transmitter you could have as few as 3 or up to 8 (possibly more if in range of low power local Mux). With 3 tuners you can only use a max of 3 at once.
    Humax tuners are cleverer than most as they can extract (Demux) two at the same time from the same mux.

I'm a consumer, not a technician. If Humax want to target the box for technicians then they should do that.

There's nothing special about getting two channels out of one tuner - I've got Kodi running on Raspberry Pi and it can do that.

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 17:02:11 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

typonaut - 1 minute ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 
    Familiarise yourself with the concept of a multiplex (Mux), depending on transmitter you could have as few as 3 or up to 8 (possibly more if in range of low power local Mux). With 3 tuners you can only use a max of 3 at once.
    Humax tuners are cleverer than most as they can extract (Demux) two at the same time from the same mux.

I'm a consumer, not a technician. If Humax want to target the box for technicians then they should do that.
    There's nothing special about getting two channels out of one tuner - I've got Kodi running on Raspberry Pi and it can do that.

Sky-HD boxes can only record two and cannot watch a third channel.

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 17:04:22 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.