My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Recoring Playback suddenly stopped

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

I was watching a recorded program (BBC2 Great British rail Journeys) when the playback suddenly stopped and a black screen showed for about 20 seconds until the Humax 'Home' screen showed. Went back to the same recording and 'Resumed' it and it was OK. Not had this before. Box is 18 months old with plenty space left. I regularly delete recordings I have watched and it is normal for me to only use 10 to 13% of my HDD. Software is UKSFAA 3.00.96 dated 13th Aug. 2018. Is it a one-off glitch or a sign of worse to come? Anything I can do to stop it happening again? Thanks in advance.

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 10:42:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Justintime - 31 minutes ago  » 
    Is it a one-off glitch or a sign of worse to come?

The symptoms you describe suggest the Humax software crashed and the box restarted. I would say once in 18 months is not unexpected for any of the Humax recorders. My guess is that it is not a sign of problems to come.

Anything I can do to stop it happening again?

I doubt it.

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 11:15:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

Thank you. Two other programs were being recorded whilst I was watching the recorded program but the 'crash and restart' happened 20 minutes after these recordings began when the 'system' should have been 'stable'. I suppose software crashes can happen at any time though. Does anyone know if the Humax box sends error logs back to Humax so that they can see what caused the crash so they can work on fixes for it?

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 14:22:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

TimK2011

Which episode of GBRJ was it? I only got the first 3 minutes of the first one of the current series - 4th Feb from memory?

TimK

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 15:31:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

It was episode 6 which was set in Northern Ireland recorded Monday this week. As regards the 4th February episode I can see that it is available on iPlayer so you can still watch it there.

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 15:50:00 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.