My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Recovered files, but useable?

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crevice

Hi, I have had good service from a 9300T machine for many years. I decided to remove its hdd and connect it to my computer in order to try and back up my years of comedies, concerts and films.
    What followed was a bit of a disaster. My first mistake was to initialise the drive in disk management (Win10). Humaxrw/check couldn't find it. I ended up using freeware testdisk and photorec to "recover" the files on the drive to another one.
    So... I now have 74GB of numerous large .swf files, a few .mp3s, an .frm, a .ab and countless .txt files. My question is, is this game over or can I make this stuff work on the computer? VLC player doesn't like them, even though it will associate itself with the files.

The good news is

| Wed 3 Jul 2019 18:44:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Crevice - 16 mins ago  » 
    What followed was a bit of a disaster. My first mistake was to initialise the drive in disk management (Win10). Humaxrw/check couldn't find it.

Humax check ought to be able to fix that problem. What exactly did you try?

I ended up using freeware testdisk and photorec to "recover" the files on the drive to another one.
    So... I now have 74GB of numerous large .swf files, a few .mp3s, an .frm, a .ab and countless .txt files. My question is, is this game over or can I make this stuff work on the computer?

You could try renaming a .swf file with a .ts extension and see if VLC will play it.

The good news is

Go on, tell us the good news.

| Wed 3 Jul 2019 19:04:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crevice

The good news is that the hdd is back in the pvr and is working fine! Empty, of course.
    Humaxcheck just said unable to find humax drive, or words to that effect.
    Anyway, spilt milk, no point crying, etc.

I tried copying and then renaming one of the .swf files as .ts. No joy with VLC once more. Win TV suddenly wanted to associate with the file, too, and my heart leapt as I thought my luck had changed. It still wouldn't play.

Thanks for your reply, though.

| Thu 4 Jul 2019 11:29:45 #3 |
  4. Trev

Trev

special member

Just bear in mind that it's only telly not the third world war :D.

| Thu 4 Jul 2019 16:32:20 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.