My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Regional ITV

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mullers63

I live in the Tyne Tees (NE) region but get the ITV local news for the North West on the HD ITV channel (103). I believe that Tyne Tees is broadcasting in HD so any idea how to change?

BBC is fine (North East news in HD on 101)

Many thanks

| Mon 9 Oct 2023 11:00:46 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I doubt whether you can. I live in the East Midlands and now get the correct regional news on BBC1HD. However, despite getting the correct version of Central News on ITV1 (SD), both ITV1HD and ITV1+1 show the West Midlands news (HD and SD with the same presenters at the same time with different news - ie. One of them is pre-recorded.)
    On the rare occasions I can pick up signals from the Belmont transmitter (Yorkshire ITV) the regional news is South Yorks and Lincolnshire, the HD news is from Manchester. This seems to be the way ITV is!

| Mon 9 Oct 2023 15:05:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveE

I live in DH2 and the ITV HD on 103 is from the Granada region.As you say the BBC 1 channel is Look North from Newcastle.

| Mon 9 Oct 2023 16:02:39 #3 |
  4. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I live west of Oxford and are on the Beckley transmitter. Our ITV1-HD Region is Meridian, but we get the east regional news in HD which covers Kent and East Sussex. Not overly useful ....

| Mon 9 Oct 2023 16:52:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

mullers63 - 7 hours ago  » 
    I live in the Tyne Tees (NE) region but get the ITV local news for the North West on the HD ITV channel (103). I believe that Tyne Tees is broadcasting in HD so any idea how to change?

You can't.
    The recent changes that enabled the BBC to add regions to HD may also assist ITV to expand its number of regions is transmits on 103, but even if they could they don't appear to be in any hurry.

| Mon 9 Oct 2023 18:26:22 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.