My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control going 'haywire' ??

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

england1965

Hi everyone.

In the last week my remote control seems to be going a little weird when trying to control my PVR9200T. (I have put a new set of batteries in as I thought the old set might be nearly dead)

If I access a menu item - pressing the down arrow sends it continually down, if I press up the selection item scrolls continually up.

It's as if the remote is sending continuous commands.

However - if I sit at the PVR and hold the remote at the receiver (I think it's near the clock?) - the remote seems to work fine.

The new batteries I added are Duracell Ultras with the power bars on the side and they both show full batteries.

I have reset the PVR to intial values in case it was a PVR issue (That was fun - trying to navigate the menus - everytime I tried to select 'left' to select YES to reinitialise - it jumped to top menu ..grrr)

Assuming the remote is the problem - is it possible to buy a new remote for the PVR9200T?

Many thanks

Mark

| Mon 5 Sep 2011 9:40:21 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Did you try power-cycling the PVR?

The other thing to consider is if there has been any new electronic equipment introduced into the room or house recently? Anything wireless or with a power brick is a suspect. Try turning everything else fully off and see if the problem persists.

| Mon 5 Sep 2011 10:18:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

england1965 - 37 minutes ago  » 
    It's as if the remote is sending continuous commands.
    However - if I sit at the PVR and hold the remote at the receiver (I think it's near the clock?) - the remote seems to work fine.

Have you checked that there is nothing else in the room that could be interfering (like a remote for another product that someone has a book left on top of it so is continuously transmitting or a fluroescent lamp)? You can buy replacement remotes.

| Mon 5 Sep 2011 10:20:51 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I had a similar problem many many moons ago affecting numerous pieces of kit (not only Humax) it turned out to be my wireless router was causing it, relocated it, and fixed the issue.

Plenty of replacement remotes available via cough** ebay **cough

| Mon 5 Sep 2011 10:33:20 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.