My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Remote Control Key Mapper

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

Just a swift note to say I've found a key mapper that seems to work extremely well so far in remapping my unwanted KIDS button to bring up Jellyfin or whatever is your chosen app such as Kodi.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dxidev.automate_tv&hl=en_GB&gl=US
    Best way I found was to go to Google Play on the box and use the Microphone function to say the name. Automate TV. 99p is a small price to pay for such an excellent app.

| Wed 2 Dec 2020 13:41:11 #1 |
  2. andygoole

andygoole

Good find

| Wed 2 Dec 2020 15:44:36 #2 |
  3. woodbar

woodbar

Thanks for the pointer on that app - works a treat although I did have to side-load it onto the aura. I downloaded/purchased it on my phone (easier to type in the password) thinking it would appear as a purchase on Play Store on the Aura.

It did not, wanted me to purchase again and when I tried that it told me I already owned it !!!!!

Anyway, got my file manager (Solid Explorer) mapped to the "Kids" button and a media player mapped to the "Top Picks" button.

The only thing it does not do is enable a one button press to BBC iPlayer which was one of the things I wanted to be able to do - but as a link for that appears on nearly every flavour of menu screen on the Aura it's not really a problem.

| Sat 5 Dec 2020 16:09:38 #3 |
  4. Jthspace

Jthspace

Downloaded it, although it seems to have trouble remapping "Kids" button on mine, so will have to have a further play later on. Thanks for the heads-up, looks like it could be a useful add-on once I get over the "user error"

| Sat 5 Dec 2020 16:21:48 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.